Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White extends olive branch to Alvarez to discuss move to UFC

Good to hear, if Dana wants you theres a good chance your going to the UFC, especially if your contract just ended.

I've been a fan of his for a while but I would've liked to see this move awhile ago but something is better then nothing. Hopefully it allworks out and he comes over to some great matchups at 155, he has such an explosive style that the casual UFCfan should hop all over him.

I say give him Melvin Guillard right off the bat. Hes an "exciting" fighter that fans know and I think Eddie would beat him in a hella exciting fight.

Sidenote: Im hoping on getting the Eddie Alvarez Tapout tshirt for Christmas this year from the wifey and Im super stoked lol.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by LefthookStcrook View Post

I say give him Melvin Guillard right off the bat. Hes an "exciting" fighter that fans know and I think Eddie would beat him in a hella exciting fight.
    That's the fight I kept seeing pop up on Twitter last night, but they're Blackzillian teammates I believe, which I think will probably halt any possible matchup between the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    thanks for the video man, what a fight. how about him vs. donald cerrone for his first fight in the UFC possibly for the number one contender title shot?

Aside from the fact that they are partners I think Melvin would be a far to risky 1st fight in the octagon.

He's got instant KO power and one of those shots Eddie takes that wobbles him in every fight wouldn't be a wobbler coming from Melvin it would be a night ender.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Aside from the fact that they are partners I think Melvin would be a far to risky 1st fight in the octagon.

He's got instant KO power and one of those shots Eddie takes that wobbles him in every fight wouldn't be a wobbler coming from Melvin it would be a night ender.
    Agreed. I actually think that Melvin is a harder matchup for Eddie than Miller is; just a bad stylistic matchup, especially when you add in his speed which is a huge part of Eddie's game too.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post

I agree that Melvin has the power to put out pretty much anyone, and Eddie does have a tendency of taking a few too many shots for my liking

But its thats the case then he isnt ready for the top dogs in the UFC lets be honest.

That's the fight I kept seeing pop up on Twitter last night, but they're Blackzillian teammates I believe, which I think will probably halt any possible matchup between the two.
    Boo.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    Alvarez is not some up and comer that needs to be protected. He has fought and beaten some of the best fighters in the world and I hope the UFC does not give him a feeder fight in his first fight, ala Cro-Cop v. Sanchez.

My ideal fight would Alvarez v. Maynard in a number 1 contenders fight. Try to argue someone would deserve a shot over the winner of that fight. You can't.
    Absolutely.

I think this is a done deal from the fact that Dana tweeted it publicly like that.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information