Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 153 Official discussion thread (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post
    Dude I'm gonna go ahead and say you're drunk from too much haterade tonight.

You'd have to ask Silva that man cos I have no fuckin clue. A lot of people think Silva would beat JJ and i'm one of them.
    O.k fill me in.......

That card delivered biiiigtime.

Main card was amazing. Happy as fuck for Fitch. Unreal performance, fack the haters. Maldonado is not from this world. Hated the stoppage, figured if it was going to be stopped, stop it after the first. Glover looked like a beast, but I near went through the roof when he got tagged.

Seeing Nog get the sub made my night. Eat your words Herman. Worst game plan(if you can call it that) from a fighter I've seen in ages.

As for Silva... damn. Hard to describe it. My guts hurt after that knee. No punches were needed after. Made Bonnar look like a joke. And Bonnar is tough as hell. This was another level though.

Unreal night. Maldonado and E. Silva's faces are gonna be looking atrocious. Presser should be good.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post

Poor Bonnar... lol. That's gotta be disheartening.
    The thing is, I get so nervous that my body actually shakes prior to Jones/silva fights. Sometimes I wonder why I even get apprehensive considering how they destroy their opponents. But still.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Don't think that was a work, Bonnar looked tenative and scared as though he was expecting some type of crane-kick from Anderson. IMO, if it were a work, we'd have seen more grappling early on, that's where they can make things look more realistic and drag the fight out, if one were looking to put on a "worked-shoot".

Also, while Bonnar's never been truly "finished" before, it's not like he's been fighting top flight competition these past few years(aside from a young Bones) and prior to tonight, in his last ten fights, he's 5-5. Bonnar has the right to retire, but he's still a damn great gatekeeper at 205 if he chooses.

Quote Originally Posted by rodneykm View Post
    Bisping > Silva

God you all are going to hate that WHEN it happens. I can't wait.
    You should have a dog bet with RD for that fight, loser leaved MmANews forever. I fully expect RD to win that bet; I would volunteer, but I don't dig bet on fights that I actually care about.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    You should have a dog bet with RD for that fight, loser leaved MmANews forever. I fully expect RD to win that bet; I would volunteer, but I don't dig bet on fights that I actually care about.
    Thanks for your input.
    "I think everybody up here is grateful to be on FOX. They'd probably say, 'FOX, thanks.' Everybody but me. I would say, 'FOX, you're welcome. You've been telling everybody for years you've got the American Idol, and now you finally do.'" Chael Sonnen

I'm still laughing at anyone who thought Bonnar could work Silva.

Every fight you hear the same stuff. Fighter x has what it takes to challenge Anderson and it never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders18 View Post
    I'm still laughing at anyone who thought Bonnar could work Silva.

Every fight you hear the same stuff. Fighter x has what it takes to challenge Anderson and it never happens.
    The hype machine, anyone who lost to Mark Coleman after 2000 has issues.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 10-14-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodneykm View Post
    Thanks for your input.
    You are very welcome sir. For your dog bet, I suggest you use a small dog, that say you won't feel as bad when you are forced to saccrafice it to our lord and savior Cthulhu.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era

Thread Information