Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: UFC 153 Official discussion thread (spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by rob_bills View Post
    Dude, you do realize Silva had his hands down the whole fight, of course he was taking shots intentionally
    Honestly, he looked a little confused, like one of those early shots made him rummy for a bit. It seems odd he would continue to take shots intentionally after the first couple if he was actually taking them deliberately. If he was, it was very foolish and risky.
    Last edited by noahm; 10-14-2012 at 04:56 PM.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by noahm View Post
    Honestly, he looked confused, like one of those early shots made him rummy for a bit.
    Lol...

Didnt see that...

I did see Bonner land a few good shots, but Anderson clearly evaded most of them...

Id assume he did that because he didnt respect Bonner's power and Speed and rightfully so, IMO... Bonner keeps coming but doesnt really possess a lot of finishing ability standing... He would never try to clown someone like Hendo or Vitor like that. He would pick them apart, but not drop his hands and stand in front of them like that... He knows whats up.

When you drop your hands it goads your opponent into punching you... Their vision is focused on the target... your head... your hands are normally there protecting yourself, so they can also see if a punch is coming from you... but when your hands are down like that, and they attack your head, it is very easy to catch them off guard... Thats what he did in the Forrest, Okami and Maia fight... Its actually a smart offensive strategy... that should only be used by someone who knows what they are doing.

Doing that against the cage was very bold... borderline stupid, had be been fighting somebody with good speed or power, that could have easily been disastrous.

Look how close this punch was... less than an inch

Bonner has a granite chin, he can take a shot.... Fitting that Anderson would beat him with a body shot....
    Last edited by Kimbo> Rampage; 10-14-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Small footnote-If you watch the finish of Nog/Herman, read Herman's lips.
    Live. Dream. Do. MERIKAN
    Total Human Optimization Onnit
    Tap Them All TPSGC

Quote Originally Posted by jay-c View Post
    Small footnote-If you watch the finish of Nog/Herman, read Herman's lips.
    you mean when he said "fuck me" after he got sub'd? LOL yes that should be a glif right after the clip where he's saying Ju Jitsu doesn't work.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

If aliens came down, and their champion challenged earth's greatest warrior in a fight for control of this planet. I am sure our pick would be Anderson, and I am also sure I would be rooting for our alien overlords.

There is no sense in doing that cocky shit. I think Anderson has less than zero class.

He is all universe great though.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    If aliens came down, and their champion challenged earth's greatest warrior in a fight for control of this planet. I am sure our pick would be Anderson, and I am also sure I would be rooting for our alien overlords.

There is no sense in doing that cocky shit. I think Anderson has less than zero class.

He is all universe great though.
    I think what Anderson does is part of gamesmanship... It happens throughout all sports... While what he did in the Maia fight was certainly over the top... What he did against Bonner, Forrest, Okami, etc... was showing how game he is... and trying to be entertaining...

I enjoy it... It certainly isnt calling your opponent a bitch over and over again...

Is it cocky when a basketball player tries an ankle breaker on his defender or when a football player jukes a defender, then causally walks into the end-zone...

I guess some people want fighters to be robotic... Many martial arts in themselves are about flustering your opponent and showing total domination... What Anderson does, actually leads to openings he capitalizes on...

I think we all forgot who the real winner was last night... Steven Seagal, who invented that knee, helped Anderson perfect it.

I wonder were all the Erick Silva fans are that posted pictures of Jon Fitch after his fight with GSP and stated Fitch was going to look like that. Oh what happened, Fitch laid a stomping on Erick Silva and won the FOTN. Maybe now, just maybe the guy will get the props he deserves from the internet fan boys.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I'm still not on the fitch bandwagon. Glad he got the win though. He just doesn't have strong GNP and he's still satisfied holding a position for minutes at a time. Although this fight he was more aggressive, but mainly because he had to be. Silva was giving him hell. Towards the end he outlasted Silva and you can tell Silva was just tired of trying to fight him. Had this been a 5 round fight he would have probably stopped him due to exhaustion....Fitch is frustrating and has a good sub game, but he doesn't seem to have power in his hands or a sophisticated stand up game. His punches seem weak and half harted......I'd still like to see him fight Jake Shields, Damian Mia, or maybe even Ben Askren.....not that I'd be overly entertained by it, but just because....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    I'm still not on the fitch bandwagon. Glad he got the win though. He just doesn't have strong GNP and he's still satisfied holding a position for minutes at a time. Although this fight he was more aggressive, but mainly because he had to be. Silva was giving him hell. Towards the end he outlasted Silva and you can tell Silva was just tired of trying to fight him. Had this been a 5 round fight he would have probably stopped him due to exhaustion....Fitch is frustrating and has a good sub game, but he doesn't seem to have power in his hands or a sophisticated stand up game. His punches seem weak and half harted......I'd still like to see him fight Jake Shields, Damian Mia, or maybe even Ben Askren.....not that I'd be overly entertained by it, but just because....
    Here's what I don't get.

Someone like Dominick Cruz can use his speed and technique control the fight, effectively nullifying his opponents offense through movement and people will talk about how great and technical a fighter he his.

Someone like Fitch uses his strength and wrestling to control the fight, effectively nullifying his opponents through position and he gets criticized for it.

I'd much rather watch Fitch fight than Dodson or Cruz.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Thread Information