Page 44 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3442434445 LastLast

Thread: UFC 153 Official discussion thread (spoilers)

If aliens came down, and their champion challenged earth's greatest warrior in a fight for control of this planet. I am sure our pick would be Anderson, and I am also sure I would be rooting for our alien overlords.

There is no sense in doing that cocky shit. I think Anderson has less than zero class.

He is all universe great though.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    If aliens came down, and their champion challenged earth's greatest warrior in a fight for control of this planet. I am sure our pick would be Anderson, and I am also sure I would be rooting for our alien overlords.

There is no sense in doing that cocky shit. I think Anderson has less than zero class.

He is all universe great though.
    I think what Anderson does is part of gamesmanship... It happens throughout all sports... While what he did in the Maia fight was certainly over the top... What he did against Bonner, Forrest, Okami, etc... was showing how game he is... and trying to be entertaining...

I enjoy it... It certainly isnt calling your opponent a bitch over and over again...

Is it cocky when a basketball player tries an ankle breaker on his defender or when a football player jukes a defender, then causally walks into the end-zone...

I guess some people want fighters to be robotic... Many martial arts in themselves are about flustering your opponent and showing total domination... What Anderson does, actually leads to openings he capitalizes on...

I think we all forgot who the real winner was last night... Steven Seagal, who invented that knee, helped Anderson perfect it.

I wonder were all the Erick Silva fans are that posted pictures of Jon Fitch after his fight with GSP and stated Fitch was going to look like that. Oh what happened, Fitch laid a stomping on Erick Silva and won the FOTN. Maybe now, just maybe the guy will get the props he deserves from the internet fan boys.
    Dude, Iím a wrestler. Iím the best wrestler in MMA. Wrestling IS, was and always has been the most dominate form of mix martial art on the planet. Thatís all there is to it. We all know it, some people want to fight it, some people want doubt it but wresters rule the MMA world. -
    Ben Askren

I'm still not on the fitch bandwagon. Glad he got the win though. He just doesn't have strong GNP and he's still satisfied holding a position for minutes at a time. Although this fight he was more aggressive, but mainly because he had to be. Silva was giving him hell. Towards the end he outlasted Silva and you can tell Silva was just tired of trying to fight him. Had this been a 5 round fight he would have probably stopped him due to exhaustion....Fitch is frustrating and has a good sub game, but he doesn't seem to have power in his hands or a sophisticated stand up game. His punches seem weak and half harted......I'd still like to see him fight Jake Shields, Damian Mia, or maybe even Ben Askren.....not that I'd be overly entertained by it, but just because....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    I'm still not on the fitch bandwagon. Glad he got the win though. He just doesn't have strong GNP and he's still satisfied holding a position for minutes at a time. Although this fight he was more aggressive, but mainly because he had to be. Silva was giving him hell. Towards the end he outlasted Silva and you can tell Silva was just tired of trying to fight him. Had this been a 5 round fight he would have probably stopped him due to exhaustion....Fitch is frustrating and has a good sub game, but he doesn't seem to have power in his hands or a sophisticated stand up game. His punches seem weak and half harted......I'd still like to see him fight Jake Shields, Damian Mia, or maybe even Ben Askren.....not that I'd be overly entertained by it, but just because....
    Here's what I don't get.

Someone like Dominick Cruz can use his speed and technique control the fight, effectively nullifying his opponents offense through movement and people will talk about how great and technical a fighter he his.

Someone like Fitch uses his strength and wrestling to control the fight, effectively nullifying his opponents through position and he gets criticized for it.

I'd much rather watch Fitch fight than Dodson or Cruz.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    I wonder were all the Erick Silva fans are that posted pictures of Jon Fitch after his fight with GSP and stated Fitch was going to look like that. Oh what happened, Fitch laid a stomping on Erick Silva and won the FOTN. Maybe now, just maybe the guy will get the props he deserves from the internet fan boys.
    There are a lot of 'know it alls' here and they tend to disappear for a bit after the events they know everything about.
    "I think everybody up here is grateful to be on FOX. They'd probably say, 'FOX, thanks.' Everybody but me. I would say, 'FOX, you're welcome. You've been telling everybody for years you've got the American Idol, and now you finally do.'" Chael Sonnen

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    I think we all forgot who the real winner was last night... Steven Seagal, who invented that knee, helped Anderson perfect it.
    Your sig freaks me out a bit!
    "I think everybody up here is grateful to be on FOX. They'd probably say, 'FOX, thanks.' Everybody but me. I would say, 'FOX, you're welcome. You've been telling everybody for years you've got the American Idol, and now you finally do.'" Chael Sonnen

Quote Originally Posted by noahm View Post
    I am kind of surprised at everyone clowning Bonnar. As much as I think Silva is an exceptional fighter, up until the last few seconds, Bonnar controlled the fight and landed shots that would have KO'd many fighters. I don't know whether Silva has some kind of voodoo protection, but he ate a lot of shots foolishly and I have a hard time believing he did it intentionally.

Bonnar had him in a lot of danger. Give the guy some credit. He put on a better performance than 90% of Silva's opponents. Just because he missed a flashy kick doesn't mean he went out there and got embarrassed.
    You must have watched the fight really high or drunk or both. At no plint was Silva in danger, nor did he eat any big shots...silva absolutely crowned him..how could you not think everything he did was intentional? He willingly placed his back against the cage and put his arms down to glad Bonnar/fuck with his head.

Was it Incrediably risky and possibly foolish? Yes, but that's what Silva does in fights. Saying Bonnar did better than 90% of silvas opponents is like saying Rampage did better a saints Jones than 90% of his opponents simply because Jones didn't immediately finish him.
    Last edited by CtGreat; 10-14-2012 at 07:23 PM.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Masscore View Post
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    You must have watched the fight really high or drunk or both. At no plint was Silva in danger, nor did he eat any big shots...silva absolutely crowned him..how could you not think everything he did was intentional? He willingly placed his back against the cage and put his arms down to glad Bonnar/fuck with his head.

Was it Incrediably risky and possibly foolish? Yes, but that's what Silva does in fights. Saying Bonnar did better than 90% of silvas opponents is like saying Rampage did better a saints Jones than 90% of his opponents simply because Jones didn't immediately finish him.
    The fight wasn't even competitive. I was absolutely pissed off. Haha.

Thread Information