Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: UFC 153 Official discussion thread (spoilers)

Havent been able to watch the fight again (I will tonight when I'm home from work) but I thought Bonnar landed a nice left elbow against the cage early on, but it didnt seem to affect Silva at all.

Bonnar seemed to connect on some shots, but it wouldn't surprise me when I review it later if on closer examination Silva rolled with them and took them on the shoulder. He's so quick is hard to tell sometimes.

Gutted about the outcome but it was nice to see Bonnar fight one last time. Anyone know the exact stoppage time? Did he last longer with Silva than Griffin? Can I cling to that at least?

Anderson Silva is just not a human.
    I mean, despite all UFC's hype, we all knew that this was a total mismatch. But still, Anderson acted as if he was fighting some noob.

The way he was just standing there, with his hands absolutely down, showing that he was not even feeling the punches Bonnar was connecting, playing around, and a minute later finishing the fight....Just fucking Wow. The talent of this guy is simply amazing. And the most amazing thing is that he is doing that at 36 or 37 years old!!!
    At LHW he is clowning guys even worse than at MW!!

Nogueira is also awesome!!
    Pee Wee is not a top 10 fighter, but Nog (despite coming with a big belly) showed excellent skills. He will not be champion, but it is amazing that he is still Top 10 after so many beatings he has suffered through the years.
    I would not mind seeing Nog vs Werdum

Teixeira is really great but Maldonado is indeed not human. I do not understand how anyone can receive such amount of brutal punishment and still be fighting, and even rocking Glover.
    Rampage vs Teixeira would be a fun fight. However I think that rampage would absolutely quit after a couple of minutes of that kind of punishment.

Shame that Jon Fitch won. Good effort by Silva but I personally expected more from him.

Awesome job by Damien Maia.

The rest of the fights were not bad, not the great thing either. There were good moments.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

BTW someone should tell Fernando Yamasaki that when fighters are working in the ground, there is no need for standing them up.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information