Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Evans turned down Glover Teixeira fight at UFC 153, hopes to return in Jan/Feb

Default Rashad Evans turned down Glover Teixeira fight at UFC 153, hopes to return in Jan/Feb

Rashad Evans turned down Glover Teixeira fight at UFC 153, hopes to return in January or February

"I don't know. I talked to Dana [White] early this week and we talked about maybe December. But I'm thinking maybe January or February. I will fight anybody. I want to get a fight at light heavyweight. They offered me a fight, but it was against Glover Teixeira and I only had three weeks to fight and I haven't been training. I was like, ‘no way, not with that notice in Brazil.'"
    Rashad Evans turned down Glover Teixeira fight at UFC 153, hopes to return in January or February - MMAmania.com

2. Default

I will fight anybody.
    Haha no you won't. You can't say you'll fight anybody in explaining why you turned down a fight.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Every fool has been duckin' Glover.

Pretty sad all this Top fighters turning down A fight against glover. right now I've got so much respect for Maldonado to accept the fight against glover. War Maldonado.

Jesus, you'd think that guy was poison the way people are avoiding him. Guy just can't get a fight haha.

Why should Rashad take a fight on short notice in Brazil against an unproven fighter? No established fighter would do such a foolish thing. So lets stop this people ducking Glover nonsense.

7. Default

I dont know which is more disappointing lately.. the rash of injuries, or the rash of guys turning down fights.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    Why should Rashad take a fight on short notice in Brazil against an unproven fighter? No established fighter would do such a foolish thing. So lets stop this people ducking Glover nonsense.
    Exactly.

Can't blame top fighters for not wanting to fight a guy who's biggest win is Kyle Kingsberry.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Anyone else thinking Glover vs Manuwa?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Anyone else thinking Glover vs Manuwa?
    I was thinking more Glover vs Lil Nog...

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Thread Information