Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ufc 153 aftermath (SPOILERS)

Default ufc 153 aftermath (SPOILERS)

pretty good card i must say. really thought the main card was pretty entertaining from top to bottom.

i'm not the biggest fitch fan and i've probably given him more shit than most posters here, but he really won me over tonight. i won't say i'm a fan, but i respect him much more. was an exciting fight. can't believe i just typed exciting and fitch all in the same paragraph.

i'd like to see fitch get back in there against a name fighter.. maia was really impressive too and those two would make a pretty entertaining grappling match i think.. i hope fitch continues to keep fighting to finish. i think that was evident tonight. erik silva has plenty of time to learn and grow. i think this fight will make him even stronger.

big nog armbarring pee wee was fucking awesome.. i kept wishing for him to announce his retirement afterward. would would be a great way for him to finish his iconic career. with a bjj submission in brazil over an american who said bjj doesn't work. crowd went apeshit when he won. really loved seeing that.

anderson is the greatest. i'm probably one of the biggest fedor nuthuggers here, but anderson is the greatest. he's just something else. he wasn't even trying.

i think i'd like to see him finish up the strikeforce 185ers (rockhold, jacare) then maybe call it a career if he doesn't want to fight jones. at this point, i think he's earned not fighting bones if he doesn't want to. either way, i'll watch everytime he fights.

pretty good night of fights... feel good about mma right now.
    lemme touch your feet

Quote Originally Posted by deeznizzies View Post
    pretty good card i must say. really thought the main card was pretty entertaining from top to bottom.

i'm not the biggest fitch fan and i've probably given him more shit than most posters here, but he really won me over tonight. i won't say i'm a fan, but i respect him much more. was an exciting fight. can't believe i just typed exciting and fitch all in the same paragraph.

i'd like to see fitch get back in there against a name fighter.. maia was really impressive too and those two would make a pretty entertaining grappling match i think.. i hope fitch continues to keep fighting to finish. i think that was evident tonight. erik silva has plenty of time to learn and grow. i think this fight will make him even stronger.

big nog armbarring pee wee was fucking awesome.. i kept wishing for him to announce his retirement afterward. would would be a great way for him to finish his iconic career. with a bjj submission in brazil over an american who said bjj doesn't work. crowd went apeshit when he won. really loved seeing that.

anderson is the greatest. i'm probably one of the biggest fedor nuthuggers here, but anderson is the greatest. he's just something else. he wasn't even trying.

i think i'd like to see him finish up the strikeforce 185ers (rockhold, jacare) then maybe call it a career if he doesn't want to fight jones. at this point, i think he's earned not fighting bones if he doesn't want to. either way, i'll watch everytime he fights.

pretty good night of fights... feel good about mma right now.
    And Fedor couldn't clown a mediocre fighter?

I don't care how old Fedor is I still want to see Fedor vs Silva

Where's the who should fight who next part?

Anderson calls out Nick Diaz and be done wit it!

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote.

My problem is I just think Anderson is such a douche.
    I don't know what it is.
    The way he talks?
    The subtle arrogance?
    The way he ardently avoids a fight with Jones... but welcomes a fight with GSP? For god's sake... he just beat a massive 205er and he wants to fight a Welterweight?

He's frickin' hard to like man.

But he's the best fighter I've ever seen.
    Standing on the fence with his back up and his hands down?!
    Someone on here called it "clowning" a term I am familiar with... but I don't think that term really fits.
    He's just a frickin' AWESOME standup fighter.

No one can stand with Anderson Silva. Period.

But why's he gotta come off like such a douche!

Just my two cents.

I would be more interested in seeing Silva K1 than any MMA fight, with the exception of Jones.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

The man has the glow......
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

I really wanted to believe that Stephan was a credible fight for Anderson at 205, but the truth is, the UFC really has to stop wasting Silva's fighting time. He ain't young, we all know that and his time fighting can come to an end in just a couple of fights. I think he should now just be featured in pure super fights. Whoever. God I hope Silva Jones happens. The people will ask for it. If they don't do it, people will begin saying that mma is like boxing in that they also can't make the big fight everyone wants to see.

Fitch's fight was amazing. The guy always brings it. 4-5 sub defenses. Vicious ground and pound - not the pillow fist stuff that little bitches accuse him of.

Bonnar, on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Imagine after all this talk of nothing to lose... that he takes a dive.

Thread Information