Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ufc 153 aftermath (SPOILERS)

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Fitch's fight was amazing. The guy always brings it. 4-5 sub defenses. Vicious ground and pound - not the pillow fist stuff that little bitches accuse him of.

Bonnar, on the other hand...

Originally Posted by Sniggles
    Imagine after all this talk of nothing to lose... that he takes a dive.

If the Bonnar or Griffen fights were a fight seen in a movie, people would have complained that they looked so fake. I know neither guy took a dive but they didn't look really, espcially the last punch in the Forrest fight.

Why the hell did Pee Wee stop throwing any strikes. Standing with his arm extended was not working, he got clocked a couple of times. If he had been a bit more agressive with his strikes, he could have won that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Why the hell did Pee Wee stop throwing any strikes. Standing with his arm extended was not working, he got clocked a couple of times. If he had been a bit more agressive with his strikes, he could have won that fight.
    That bothered the hell out of me. The guy comes in with a reputation for being a great striker, and he fucking sucks at it. His defense is piss poor, and he extends his lead hand making his jab and lead hook nearly useless, removing what should be a primary weapon of his. And since his hand is extended, he can't block anything on that side so every time Nogueira comes forward he clocks him.

Glad to see Nogueira win, and while Herman is a physical specimen, his style pretty much sucks and he's going to keep getting his head knocked around if he fights higher caliber HWs.

Loved the main card in general, and Silva put on a classic performance. Everyone is talking down about Bonnar but the guy has fought everybody, he came after Silva and tried to win, and he just couldn't really do anything. Silva's turning into a rope-a-dope guy as he gets older, I don't know how smart it is or how it will effect him alter in life but damn is it entertaining.

Zombie is born!

I hope people aren't actually thinking the Silva/Bonnar fight was a fix.. because that would be plain retarded. Did You see the power behind that knee? And where it landed?

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Yeah I thought that was pretty weird. Glad Nog won but I thought it was more a case of Pee Wee looking awful than it was of Nog looking good.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Silva vs Jones should be next. Lets see who is really as great as they think they are.

Don't care about anything else.
    "I think everybody up here is grateful to be on FOX. They'd probably say, 'FOX, thanks.' Everybody but me. I would say, 'FOX, you're welcome. You've been telling everybody for years you've got the American Idol, and now you finally do.'" Chael Sonnen

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    And Fedor couldn't clown a mediocre fighter?
    He's almost lost to mediocre fighters.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    You can add Bonnar to your list or Testesterone users that silva had beaten.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by goodtimes View Post
    That bothered the hell out of me. The guy comes in with a reputation for being a great striker, and he fucking sucks at it. His defense is piss poor, and he extends his lead hand making his jab and lead hook nearly useless, removing what should be a primary weapon of his. And since his hand is extended, he can't block anything on that side so every time Nogueira comes forward he clocks him.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Fitch's fight was amazing. The guy always brings it. 4-5 sub defenses. Vicious ground and pound - not the pillow fist stuff that little bitches accuse him of.
    Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    I'm very excited to see this bout...but then again, I'm not one of the idiots who trashes Fitch at every turn.

Call me craxy, I actually think it's going to be FOTN.
    http://www.mmanews.com/forums/974412-post8.html

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    I guess that's still better than actually losing to mediocre fighters. As in, getting highlight reeled by mediocre fighters.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Thread Information