Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC 153 bonus winner Jon Fitch says extra cash helpful; Dana White calls rift 'a myth

Default UFC 153 bonus winner Jon Fitch says extra cash helpful; Dana White calls rift 'a myth

UFC 153 bonus winner Jon Fitch says extra cash helpful; Dana White calls rift 'a myth'

For winning his first performance bonus in four years, UFC 153's Jon Fitch had to thank opponent Erick Silva.

"Great fights are made when both guys are coming in to finish and take risk, and tonight, he was the perfect opponent for me to show what I'm really about and kind of restart my career," Fitch told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com).

An extra $70,000 staved off dire financial straits for the onetime welterweight title challenger, whose boss, UFC President Dana White, said a much-reported rift between the two is a "myth."

"This all stems from the whole video game stuff that happened a long time ago," said White, referring to a public spat with the fighter over likeness rights that ended in a temporary release from the UFC. "You've never heard me say anything negative about Fitch or diss Fitch in any way.

"People complain about Jon Fitch laying on people. This is mixed martial arts. Your job is to keep them from doing it, and tonight, Erick Silva did that. Fitch was grinding him against the fence the way that he does, and Silva got out and countered, and it was a back and forth fight. Both guys looked awesome."
    UFC 153 bonus winner Jon Fitch says extra cash helpful; Dana White calls rift 'a myth' | MMAjunkie.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Dana being Dana. (Lying)

Stop listening to your lying ears Sniggles.....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Jon Fitch grossed in 1 night what takes me like 3 years to earn; yet I don't have money woes and he does? I'm not even including his sponsorship money...

I understand he gets taxed, has to pay training partners, cornermen, etc... But c'mon....

Jon Fitch Feels the Weight Fall From His Shoulders with UFC 153 Victory and Bonus | MMAWeekly.com

I gotta give credit to my opponent, Erick Silva,” remarked Fitch at the post-fight press conference. “Great fights are made when both guys are coming in to finish and take risks. Tonight, he was the perfect opponent for me to kind of show what I’m really about, kind of restart my career, and give myself a fresh breath, help my family out and make some money.”
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    Jon Fitch grossed in 1 night what takes me like 3 years to earn; yet I don't have money woes and he does? I'm not even including his sponsorship money...

I understand he gets taxed, has to pay training partners, cornermen, etc... But c'mon....
    Fitch got payed handsomely last night no doubt about that but keep in mind the guy hasn't received a pay cheque in almost a year. He's got a home, family and many other expenses to worry about. Professional Athletes have shortened careers in comparison to the rest of us and need to maximize what they can during that career. It is eye opening and startling that an elite guy like Fitch is running into these troubles. I for one am happy for him. I'm not the only one that had some question marks about him coming into the fight (even though I did pick him) and it was great to see him answer those question with the gutsy performance that he did.

Everyone doesn't have the same bills (family, medical).
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Everyone doesn't have the same bills (family, medical).
    Yeah if you're making 120K to win a fight, somethin tells me you can afford private insurance.

That said, if he's helping out family with stuff, that's great; but if you bankrupt yourself in the process, that's pretty irresponsible when you've got a wife and kid that depend on you.

Yeah if you're making 120K to win a fight, somethin tells me you can afford private insurance.

That said, if he's helping out family with stuff, that's great; but if you bankrupt yourself in the process, that's pretty irresponsible when you've got a wife and kid that depend on you.
    Yet it has happened countless times to entertainers/athleetes, and musicians.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Thread Information