Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC 153 bonus winner Jon Fitch says extra cash helpful; Dana White calls rift 'a myth

Yeah, how much $$$ you guys think he put into this truck...Oh, I'm financially struggling but I'm going to spend my hard earned money classing up my truck..............need I say more?

Humans, especially in this country, are very predisposed to live beyond their means. Its no surprise that Fitch also falls into this category.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Humans, especially in this country, are very predisposed to live beyond their means. Its no surprise that Fitch also falls into this category.
    Agreed it's everyone's nature to live on credit and borrow ahead on things because you think you can cover with what you have later.

I think in Fitch's case he may not have planned ahead as well as he could and believed he'd be pulling in the big pay days more consistently then he has been. In truth though how many of us (especially those judging Fitch) could survive and hold things together going without a pay cheque for as long as he has?

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Yes but like Leucoethiops said a one year Fitch pay check is larger than 3 years of his without sponsor money. The shortened career is all the more reason not to be foolish with your money. A family of 3 doesn't need a 7500 to 10,000 sq ft house either. To be considered rich you need more money than it takes you to live for awhile. You can be the highest paid ever and spend it all = your poor. Hit a bump in the road and your bankrupt.
    Don't get me wrong, I don't feel sorry for Fitch or any fighter. That's their chosen path. While he and any other fighter need to be careful and live within their means, I can't comment on his lifestyle because I really don't know. I'm not going to hate on a guy cause he has a nice pick up. I was simply pointing out that he has gone almost 10 months without income and could see how that would put anybody in a financial bind. How many people have budgeted a years income worth of savings. Good on you if you do! He had a good night but by and large that was due to a healthy win bonus and FOTN bonus. Which he can't always count on. Hopefully he learned a bit of a financial lesson and hopefully he stays healthy so that he can earn more money for his family.

Quote Originally Posted by d-low View Post

Yeah, how much $$$ you guys think he put into this truck...Oh, I'm financially struggling but I'm going to spend my hard earned money classing up my truck..............need I say more?
    The guy just won fight of the night. Fuck off.

This thread is hilarious. I can't believe how many people think they even have a clue as to what they're talking about.

Thanks for the comedy mopes.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    The guy just won fight of the night. Fuck off.
    I have nothing against Fitch, I'm glad he won fight of the night, he definitely deserves it. But any person thats going to complain about financial struggles, yet at the same time fork over all this money into making a truck look good is screwed up to me......Just like all these college students I go to school with that complain they are broke all the time yet own an Iphone 5, Ipad, along with every video game platform...same general concept, it just gets aggravating to hear sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    This thread is hilarious. I can't believe how many people think they even have a clue as to what they're talking about.

Thanks for the comedy mopes.

rh

Someone thinks awfully highly of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by d-low View Post
    I have nothing against Fitch, I'm glad he won fight of the night, he definitely deserves it. But any person thats going to complain about financial struggles, yet at the same time fork over all this money into making a truck look good is screwed up to me......Just like all these college students I go to school with that complain they are broke all the time yet own an Iphone 5, Ipad, along with every video game platform...same general concept, it just gets aggravating to hear sometimes.
    He's not complaining about money. He said he took a fight injured because he needed money. That's different than your school chums.

You don't know anything about his finances. The truck might be entirely paid for, it may have been a gift, or it could be something entirely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Someone thinks awfully highly of themselves.
    You've been here for 4 years and this is just dawning on you now? Have you never read anything I've written before? You should go back and check some out. I'm hilarious. Seriously.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

You've been here for 4 years and this is just dawning on you now? Have you never read anything I've written before? You should go back and check some out. I'm hilarious. Seriously.

rh
    Yeah you are right up there with Rampage and Roy Nelson in the comedy department.
    Last edited by Rise; 10-16-2012 at 11:05 AM.

Thread Information