+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: UFC 153 bonus winner Jon Fitch says extra cash helpful; Dana White calls rift 'a myth

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Yeah you are right up there with Rampage and Roy Nelson in the comedy department.
    Yeah, well...you breaf stank.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

if i recall, dana once said ben askren makes jon fitch look like wanderlei silva. now that can be taken in many ways, but i'm pretty sure that was one of those backhanded compliments (a compliment nevertheless).

like i said, fitch looked like a different fighter this time. for one, he was exciting (obviously seeing as he got fotn) and for two, he looked for submissions several times which i never see him do (granted i usually fall asleep during his fights). i wouldnt say i'm a fan, but i am looking forward to seeing his next fight and whether or not he continues to be as aggressive as he was against silva. if so, i'm sure more bonuses will come.

i'm never mad about any fighter, whether i like them or not, making (extra) money. hell, i genuinely worry about fighters in strikeforce making ends meet, especially after reading masvidal's story.

For the first time in ages, we've seen Fitch fight without a damn thing to lose.

He's been one fight away from a title shot, or one fight away from a rematch for the vast bulk of his UFC career. Now he doesn't really care, which probably feels a bit liberating.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information