+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glover Teixeira vs. Phil Davis

Default Glover Teixeira vs. Phil Davis

Who you got?

We know that Davis would be in danger standing with Glover, but he has really become a solid technical Muay Thai fighter over the years... Would Glover be able to stop Davis's takedowns?

I would put them in the same catagory at the moment, along with guys like Goose, Mo and Mousasi... Just below the elite

I think I got Glover. I like Phil, but I am not sure he could keep that animal from hitting him for three rounds. I don't know much about Glover's gas tank, so if it was a five round main eventer Phil could wear him out.

After last night I can see why people are ducking him.

I see Davis grinding him out for 3 rounds for a UD, wouldnt be surprised if he finished via sub in round 2. I haven't seen Glover face a strong wrestler yet, so I have no idea how his TDD is.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Im a fan of Glover's style, He has a lot of great match-ups waiting for him...

What will happen when he faces an elite striker like Machida or Shogun?
    Someone with huge power, great chin, and likes to fight in the pocket... in Rampage(and Glover aint getting him down easy, should that be his gameplan)

What happens when he faces an elite wrestler like Davis, Mo, or Evans....

LHW is a very deep and exciting Division... Jon Jones aside, as he is just way ahead of everyone else.

Id take Davis... There isnt enough information out there to thoroughly predict this fight... But Im not sure Glover had the best TDD and Davis is a beast.... Eastman was able to get Glover down a few times... Glover popped back up, but against someone with better grappling like Davis, it may not be that simple.

I also doubt Davis would be able to sit there and eat shots like Fabio did, but Phil has a good muay thai game... Good footwork, kicks, fast movement... He would be hard to find... Davis would also be very physically imposing to Glover...

Seeing any of these LHW's fight Jones doesnt really excite me, but matching them up with each other will be great.

This would be a tough fight to call.

Phil is such a strong wrestler but Glover has dynamite in his hands and Phil can get a bit desperate for takedowns as Rashad proved (though Phil is still pretty young in his mma career), which could lead to him leaving himself open on the feet or Glover sprawling and getting top position where he could do alot of damage.

I would probably take Phil, though. Glover is an aggressive guy which I think could play into Phil's hands. Phil actually might have the better kicks, too, and with his length I think he could have success from the outside until Glover came in with punches, which could give Phil the opening he needs. I'd take Phil via decision.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

leaning toward glover. he's miles ahead of davis on the feet, even if davis has become a bit more competent over the past two years.

glover is also a pretty legit bjj black belt, and could hold his own on the ground. i do see him getting taken down, but keeping him down would be a problem.

we've also seen davis' whole game fall apart after getting tagged a few times. davis has far more of a wrestling pedigree than evans, but he was dominated in that fight after handily losing on the feet.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Phil Davis gets a thread in the MMA Dream Match forum?

Any match involving Phil Davis is about as dreamy as Bruce Vilanch in a 2 piece swimsuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Nah, that's Bruce in his prime... He's slipped a bit since then...

He looks like a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information