I used to train in BJJ 7 or 8 years ago and was forced out because of a divorce...blah blah blah. I have since gotten remarried and have a step son. He was around 5 at the time we got together. Over the years I have showed him a few things and he is a really fast learner. So we finally got him into a BJJ class and he is now addicted! He is 10 years old now and I would have given anything for someone to start me out that young. He is freakishly flexible and really smart so I think he will be really good in a few years. There is a kid in his class that actually won 1st place in the State of TN grappling tournament. I told my step son to work with him as much as possible.

The good thing is it gives me an excuse to get back into it myself. I'm 34 now and it has been so long that I will basically be starting over myself...but it should be fun. I think we are going to do BJJ and Muay Thai both. I figure if he sticks with it, he will be hard to handle in a few years! Needless to say, I am pretty excited!