Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dana White: Hill vs. Secor judges should lose their job

Default Dana White: Hill vs. Secor judges should lose their job

Dana White: Hill vs. Secor judges should lose their job

During this week's TUF Michael Hill and Matt Secor were set for a grudge match - the two had had words the previous episode.

“I called out Secor because he’s been starting a lot of trash talking," said Hill. " Secor called me a girl. He called me a thief."

“I like this fight,” said Secor. “This is obviously the fight I’ve been preparing for. I think I have a very good chance of implementing my game plan and seeing it through and getting the victory.”

The game plan Secor was referring to was to take it to the ground, where Secor's jiu-jitsu skills could be used to full effect. Hill's plan was simpler - knock Secor out.

The fight was lackluster, with Hill arguably having an edge in the first round, and Secor clearly taking the second. The overtime round was in the eyes of all but three people won by Secor. Unfortunately, the two people that saw it Hill's way were judges. The other was Hill himself.

Secor took the loss in stride.

“I won," said Secor. "Anyone that watches that fight is going to say I won. I’m not taking anything from Michael Hill. He won. He deserves it. I lost for a reason. God only knows why but I’m just going to come back and work even harder.”

UFC President Dana White however was incensed, with all of it.

“That first round would probably have to go down as one of the s------- rounds in TUF history,” said White. “One punch was thrown by each guy and then a bunch of lying around.”

"The first round, maybe they didn't hear me say, 'This is two five-minute rounds.' This is a fight! You've got two f------ rounds to win this fight! At the end of the first round, I gave Matt that round. They said to me, 'No, no, no, mike won that round.' I wouldn't argue it. Second round, if you don't give that round to Matt... I don't know what you're doing. There was no doubt who won that round.

"[3rd Round] nobody is fighting with a sense of urgency! Nobody is fighting like they want to f------ win. Are you on summer vacation right now did you come here to win this show, become the ultimate fighter, make it into the UFC, and become champion someday? Why did you come here? This isn't f------ summer camp!"

If White was unimpressed with the fight, the judging was worse.

"That is f------ beyond comprehension. The judges handed me the piece of paper and I was like, you have to be f------ kidding me," said White. "If that doesn’t keep somebody from judging ever again, nothing should. I had a hard time walking up there and reading the scores. Even the blue team is pissed about the outcome of this fight.

"The Nevada State Athletic Commission should be embarrassed."
    Dana White: Hill vs. Secor judges should lose their job - Mixed Martial Arts News

Anyone else think they are trying to do some conspiracy shit and show how bad judging is right now. They are using tuf to do it b/c the fights are meaningless. About every fight this year has been poorly judged. If you watched Friday's fight and gave it to mr. nipple tat then you shouldn't be able to watch mma. He was back mounted for a large portion of the round.

EASILY won of the worst decisions ever. I just watched it and had to come on here to specifically to say that.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Easily worst decision I have ever seen. I actually came closer to winning that fight than hill did.

I actually talked to secor on twitter about it. #bestfriends

Secor won that fight, no doubt.
    Fucking HORRIBLE Job by the Judges.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

I'm surprised there's more apparent outrage online over this than the Zaromskis stoppage, which was grisly as fuck...

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    I'm surprised there's more apparent outrage online over this than the Zaromskis stoppage, which was grisly as fuck...
    That Zaromskis stoppage was terrible. Not quite sure what he was waiting for. Marius was breakdancing before he fell down, then ate about 8 jack hammer lefts. Horrible stoppage.

Didn't Hill get the takedown that round? That's the only way I can see the judges giving him the fight.
    Click HERE to take the Polack test.

Look, my sig says "fuck" in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kemo View Post
    Didn't Hill get the takedown that round? That's the only way I can see the judges giving him the fight.
    As far as I can remember Rd 1 was very close, could've gone either way. But rounds 2 and 3 Hill was on bottom getting controlled/beat up...more so controlled.

Even if Hill won the first round 10-8, which he didnt, it would've lead to a draw. How any judge scored round 2 or 3 for Hill is beyond me.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

As I understand the rules, being an exhibition and in theory a two-round fight, the third round is "sudden victory," meaning the first two were split one each. So whoever wins the third round is the winner. The first two rounds , you might as well pretend didn't happen.

So if Hill got the only takedown in the third round, he got a checkmark or tick or "X" or whatever in the takedown box on the judges' scorecards and Secor didn't. That's the only way I can make sense of it.
    Click HERE to take the Polack test.

Look, my sig says "fuck" in it.

Thread Information