Firas Zahabi-GSP's Legs Are 'More Powerful Than Ever, It's Scary'

Firas Zahabi, the head trainer at TriStar gym, joined MMA Fight Corner and spoke about how strong and ready UFC Welterweight Champion, Georges St. Pierre is for his upcoming fight vs current interim welterweight champ, Carlos Condit, at UFC 154 on November 17th in Montreal, Canada.
"Georges is looking phenomenal. Actually just finished practice with him not too long ago, he's looking in incredible shape. We've got him a new track coach, a couple new track coaches, this training camp. The guys have done incredible work. They've shaved off more than 10 seconds on his 400 meters. I'm extremely impressed with what these guys can do. He's in the best physical shape, his legs are more powerful than ever, it's scary."

Since GSP hasn't fought since April 2011, questions about his strength and ability to land his signature double leg takedown have rose to the surface. Many wonder if he'll be the same man we saw before his ACL surgery.

"He's taking everyone down in practice at will. So, I'm not worried about that. So, that's not even a topic of discussion right now," Zahabi said. "I think the only thing is when you've been away for so long, you kind of lose a beat. But, Georges has been fighting since he's young…when you've been fighting from such a young age it's just like riding a bike.

"Of course we won't know for sure until the fight and that's just the way the it is. If there's anyone who can comeback from an ACL injury and win a world title fight, it's GSP."

One of Condit's coaches, Mike Winklejohn made headlines after an appearance on Sherdog radio where he said that they know what St. Pierre will try to do because of their familiarity with from when he trained with their camp. Additionally, Winklejohn said they would try to hurt GSP. Zahabi responded explaining that's their plan too.

"I think many guys have come up with that game plan many times and everybody seems to think that's Georges weakness. I don't know, we'll have to wait and see. Of course if you hurt a fighter, it's good. It's always good. Hurting a fighter is always good. Georges is going to be trying to hurt Condit, Condit is going to be trying to hurt Georges and that's the way the game is played. Nine times out of ten, the guy who hurts his opponent usually wins. It's the game plan on both sides let's just say."
Firas Zahabi-GSP's Legs Are 'More Powerful Than Ever, It's Scary' - FightLine.com

Georges St-Pierre Expects Carlos Condit to Come Out Firing

“I’ve been out for a long time, so he’s gonna start fast,” St-Pierre predicted during Monday’s Training Camp on FUEL TV. “I’m ready for that. I’ve been training for a quick start, straight from the beginning – BANG – really be ready to go straight from the beginning.

“Not really studying your opponent, but be ready when I hear the [bell] ring. Be ready to go right from the beginning, that’s what I believe he’s going to try to do, and I’m ready for that.”

As far as his long awaited return is concerned, St-Pierre intends to make up for lost time.

“It’s gonna be a good fashioned victory,” he proclaimed. “I’m gonna be more [opportunistic]. I’m happy to be here. I’m not burned out. I’m gonna step into the Octagon not in the way, ‘Oh, I wanna get out of there,’ I want to enjoy every second of it. I want to enjoy the experience.”

St-Pierre and Condit were scheduled to collide at UFC 137 until St-Pierre was forced to bow out with a knee injury, which he had surgically repaired in December. “Rush’s” extended absence forced the UFC to manufacture a 170-pound belt.
http://www.5thround.com/130209/georg...me-out-firing/