Thread: Michael Bisping 'frustrated' over Chael Sonnen's recurring UFC title shots

1. Default Michael Bisping 'frustrated' over Chael Sonnen's recurring UFC title shots

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/11/5/35...title-shot-mma

Normally, when you fight for an Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) title and get finished off in the process, you head to the back of the line, lick your wounds and work your way back up to the mountaintop.

Unless, of course, your name is Chael Sonnen.

"The American Gangster" will compete for the promotion's light heavyweight crown when he locks horns with reigning division champion Jon Jones next April, following their respective coaching gigs on the upcoming season of The Ultimate Fighter (TUF).

That frustrates perennial contender Michael Bisping (via ESPN.co.uk):

"I can understand it from a business perspective because Chael sells. But it's frustrating because I've been waiting my whole career for a title shot, and the guy's had three out of his last five fights be title fights. But I do understand and it'll be a great season of The Ultimate Fighter."
    Will he take out his frustrations on Vitor Belfort in Brazil?

Sonnen (27-12) got two chances to dethrone middleweight kingpin Anderson Silva, but eventually succumbed to a "Spider" bite at UFC 117 and then again at UFC 148. Despite coming up short, he was still promoted to 205-pound number one contender because he satisfied two very important requirements.

1. He sells tickets.
    2. He says "yes."

Fighting Jones is widely-considered a fool's errand; however, the ensuing ratings for TUF -- coupled with boku bucks generated from pay-per-view (PPV) buys -- makes this an opportunity that will bear fruit for all involved, assuming mixed martial arts (MMA) fans have embraced the suspension of disbelief.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

2. Default

Thats the first time someone said anything that made me like Sonnen getting a shot at Jones title.lol. Still a joke but now funny to me.

That's right Mike, and all you had to do was beat him...

Bisping said it and answered his own cries.

"I've been WAITING my entire career for a title shot"...

WAITING does not get you a title shot, WINNING gets you one. You just lost to Chael, a fight that WOULD have gotten you a title shot. If he had beaten Hendo he would have gotten a shot also I believe. You can't just go around beating fighters outside the top 10 and cry that you haven't gotten a shot yet.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post

WAITING does not get you a title shot, WINNING gets you one. You just lost to Chael, a fight that WOULD have gotten you a title shot. If he had beaten Hendo he would have gotten a shot also I believe. You can't just go around beating fighters outside the top 10 and cry that you haven't gotten a shot yet.
    I've been waiting for a title shot too, but the damn thing hasn't shown up yet. Maybe it got lost in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I've been waiting for a title shot too, but the damn thing hasn't shown up yet. Maybe it got lost in the mail.
    I stole it. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post

According to roaddawg, you can.

although i did think bisping beat chael in that fight, thats what happens when you leave it up to the judges. should have finished him (though thats not really what the count does lol). well, i think if he wins his next fight or two, maybe talk a little shit...he's well on his way to a title.

Thread Information