+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva to star in cop movie with Steven Segal

Hybrid View

Default Anderson Silva to star in cop movie with Steven Segal

I can't say I didn't see this one coming. It appears that UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva will be making a move into making movies soon, and he'll be doing it next to his good buddy Steven Seagal. Anderson recently told Estadao (via Fighters Only) that he has received a script for a cop movie with Seagal, and he'll be filming in the US starting soon:

"I will make a lot of fight scenes and this is also the first time I will act. I received a long plot and I will have the opportunity of putting in practice what I have been studying for some time".

Apparently Silva, who already has a bunch of commercials on his resume, has been working on his acting with his director friend Johnny Araujo:

"Actually, he found out this side of me. I can say that he was my mentor in the acting art. He has been helping me so much with it and I will prepare myself each time more in order to make it well done", he promises.

"I don’t want to be seen as somebody who caught the role because I am on the media and to be a fighter. Of course it is difficult, I am not Lorenzo Lamas, but I want to do it well done to the people see that I am a good actor."

Lorenzo Lamas? Okay. Kind of an obscure reference there, but whatever. If this movie ever sees the light of day (Seagal's mostly a straight-to-DVD guy now, if that), it should be amusing. 100 bucks says the Nogueiras get a cameo somehow.
    Anderson Silva to star in cop movie with Steven Seagal - Bloody Elbow

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

He's clearly ducking Jean Claude Van Damme

...and here I was just thinking "you know what the world needs?" and I answered "Another stephen segal movie."

...and then I thought "you know what the only thing that could make that better would be?" and again, I answered--because I do talk to myself sometimes--I said "If Anderson Silva were in it." And I said it out loud.

I feel dumb for voting today, because clearly the world is kicking ass all by itself without my assistance.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

At least Rampage's movie had legit actors in it. All those Page haters saying how he was a traitor to the UFC for doing movies better step up here too.

I honestly expected to click this thread and it be a joke... if it wasn't easy enough to hate Anderson as it is...

Noobjack horseshit. Where is the relevance toAnderson's or Segal's performance in the cage ? Oh wait about that Segal comment........
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

Quote Originally Posted by sonofsteven View Post
    Noobjack horseshit. Where is the relevance toAnderson's or Segal's performance in the cage ? Oh wait about that Segal comment........
    You don't find this relevant? You don't think Anderson will be taking time off for this? I know he only fights twice a year as it is, but there is a mighty good chance he'll use this as an excuse to cut back on his number of superfights that he competes in next year.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    ...there is a mighty good chance he'll use this as an excuse to cut back on his number of superfights that he competes in next year.
    I don't think he'll miss any superfights that are offered...but I'm betting the winner of Boetsch/Weidman is going to either sit on the shelf or take another fight as they wait for him.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

wait....did you just say Genki Sudo unretired?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    You don't find this relevant? You don't think Anderson will be taking time off for this? I know he only fights twice a year as it is, but there is a mighty good chance he'll use this as an excuse to cut back on his number of superfights that he competes in next year.
    Eh IMO you kind of answer your own question . BECAUSE he fights so little he will be able to make this movie w/o disrupting an already sparse schedule. That is if my assumption that it will be a cheese-tastically produced, direct to DVD , atrocity , that won't take long to film is accurate.
    Thats right bitches, gonna have to bling out the other hand soon...

I am stoked!

10. Default

------------------

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information