Thread: Ryan Couture vs. K.J. Noons booked for 'Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy' on Jan. 12

Default Ryan Couture vs. K.J. Noons booked for 'Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy' on Jan. 12

Ryan Couture vs. K.J. Noons booked for 'Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy' on Jan. 12 | MMAjunkie.com
    Sources close to the event today told MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) that Couture (5-1 MMA, 5-1 SF) is set to meet onetime welterweight title challenger K.J. Noons (11-5 MMA, 3-3 SF) at "Strikeforce: Melendez vs. Healy."
    Wow. Big step up in competition.

Man Ryan is gonna get smoked.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

My kneejerk reaction is that Baby Couture is probably in too deep here, but he has a pretty solid all around skillset and Noons is somewhat inconsistent if he can't dictate the fight.

I think Noons is the clear favourite, but I don't think Couture is as much of an underdog as some may perceive him as.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    My kneejerk reaction is that Baby Couture is probably in too deep here, but he has a pretty solid all around skillset and Noons is somewhat inconsistent if he can't dictate the fight.

I think Noons is the clear favourite, but I don't think Couture is as much of an underdog as some may perceive him as.
    I honestly think Noons would be too much for Ryan right now.

I haven't seen much of Ryan's fights does he have some decent wrestling ? if so he could give Noons some trouble.

Hell of a step up for Ryan...I was kind of afraid of this...him being the son of Hall of Famer Randy Couture they give him a big tough fight, even if it is too soon.......with that being said I think Ryan's best shot of winning this is fighting how his dad fought...clinch and wear out the hell out of him and do some dirty boxing. As Fedorlei said KJ is inconsistent and probably will not react well to that kind of pressure. This fight is winnable for Ryan, and hes definitely in the mix if he pulls off this win I think.

This is clearly Zuffa giving Ryan a favor before StrikeForce closes up shop. If Couture wins he gets signed to the UFC, if not, tough luck and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    This is clearly Zuffa giving Ryan a favor before StrikeForce closes up shop. If Couture wins he gets signed to the UFC, if not, tough luck and good luck.
    More like tossing his ass to the wolfs

Honestly, Ryan has developed quite nicely since the Ricehouse loss and while his wins over Duarte and Heun were quite surprising at the time to me, but definately showed that he's got a little more reason to be in the fight game than being just his famous father's son.

His BJJ and grappling is very tight, especially when you consider he's training under Drysdale and he's got impressive cardio....

This is a solid step-up in competition for Couture, however Noons has been known to lay an egg now and then and I think if Ryan can push the pace, clinch and just grapple Noons, I think he's got a solid shot at grabbing a UD.

Wouldn't be surprised if Couture wins this.

Brain says: KJ Noons

Heart says: Ryan Couture

Thread Information