Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally back in win column, UFC on FUEL TV 6's Thiago Silva wants more frequency

Default Finally back in win column, UFC on FUEL TV 6's Thiago Silva wants more frequency

Finally back in win column, UFC on FUEL TV 6's Thiago Silva wants more frequency

"I think I did a great fight," he said. "I followed my strategy. I did my job. I think I did good. I can do better, but I think I did good."

Silva got back in the win column for the first time in more than three years. He lost to Rashad Evans in January 2010. After a year away, he dominated Brandon Vera at UFC 125. But that was overturned for a positive steroids test. After his suspension, he returned this past April and lost to Alexander Gustafsson.

So suffice it to say, Silva was more than happy to get that victory.

"Definitely, I had a tough moment in my life," he said. "I made mistakes. I recognize it. But I'm doing my job right now. I'm training hard again, and right now I have a good team behind me to help me to beat everything again. I'm just going to work hard, you know? I'm going to do my best."

With the win under his belt and perhaps some new momentum because of it, Silva said he's planning to be more active so he can start climbing the ladder.

The Brazilian turns 30 on Monday, making Saturday's win in China a nice early birthday present. But injury free and confident, he has a definite goal.

"I'm just very happy because I won this fight," Silva said. "I expect to fight more in the next year. I'm healthy right now. My back is real good. I just want to fight with tough guys, the top guys, and one day get the belt. That's what I'm looking for."
    Finally back in win column, UFC on FUEL TV 6's Thiago Silva wants more frequency | MMAjunkie.com

Hell yeah, love seeing Thiago in the cage. Hopefully he can stay healthy and off the drugs lol
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

With people like Jones, Machida, Hendo, Gustafsson and Shogun, I do not see Thiago becoming champion at all. But he is a good fighter, and pretty mean looking.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Id love to see him against Rampage...I believe this fight was scheduled awhile ago but somebody got injured

Rematch with Vera?

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Rematch with Vera?
    I would be happy with that even though I think T Silva dominates him juice or no juice.

I would like to see him fight Maldonado, since the UFC is going to keep him.

Also if my boy Chad Griggs wins I would love to see him fight Thiago.

Lol Miz you must really not like Maldonado.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Lol Miz you must really not like Maldonado.
    Yeah you are right. That one probably doesn't make sense. Vera vs Maldonado would make sense. I like FM's fighting heart, but Thiago would hurt him.

I like Cagepotato's suggestion of Te Huna. That would be a great fight.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thiago Silva should focus more on his acting career.

It's amazing what they can do with technology nowadays.

It really does look like there is two Thiagos.

Thread Information