Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Bisping asks Dana White for interim title bout if Anderson Silva sits out

Default Michael Bisping asks Dana White for interim title bout if Anderson Silva sits out

Michael Bisping asks Dana White for interim title bout if Anderson Silva sits out - Bloody Elbow

Earlier today, UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva stated that he might not be returning to the octagon until the end of 2013 due to movie commitments and other things. This would leave the UFC middleweight title on the shelf for well over a year if it actually did come to fruition. Well, it didn't take long for contender Michael Bisping to chime in on the situation. Bisping meets Vitor Belfort in the main event of UFC on FX 7 in Brazil on January 19th, and asked Dana White on twitter to make that fight a little bit more important if the champ is on the sidelines:

Even though it's extremely unlikely to happen, it's not the worst idea in the world. It's a high-profile fight between two of the top middleweights in the organization and if Silva wants to take time off, why not? I'm sure Chris Weidman might have something to say about it, but the winner of the Weidman vs. Tim Boetsch at UFC 155 can face the winner of this bout. Seems pretty simple to me.

Wow, this guy really wants the title so bad, as if it's his precious.

However, if Silva is looking to sit out for an entire year, winner of Boetch/Weidman vs winner of Bisping/Vitor should be for the MW belt.

The UFC can also bank on either winner between Bisping or Vitor, making the title fight in either UK or Brazil, though I dont see either beating Boetch or Weidman.

3. Default

right idea, wrong fight. However, having said this, I have less of a problem with the bisping vs belfort fight being for an interim belt, then I do anderson holding the title hostage for a year.

If Anderson is really taking time to do movies or whatever else then there should be no need for an interim title. Make the winner of Vitor/Bisping fight the winner of Boetsch/Weidman and for the vacant title. Champions need to make defending their belt their #1 priority.

The winner of Weidman-Boetsch is the undeniable number one contender. If they name an interim champ it is the winner of those two. If Silva gets stripped then the winner is champ. I don't see how in the fuck Bisping gotten himself into the conversation with those two guys. Seriously anyone who has mentioned him please tell me why?

Weidman/Boetsch has the biggest claim to any proposed "interim" tag and if ZUFFA so chooses to vacate Anderson's title or proclaim an interim champ, I think winner of Weidman/Boetsch vs. WINNER of Bisping/Vitor or Okami/Belcher is the most apropos, maybe even Weidman/Rockhold? But hell no to Bisping/Belfort itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Weidman/Boetsch has the biggest claim to any proposed "interim" tag and if ZUFFA so chooses to vacate Anderson's title or proclaim an interim champ, I think winner of Weidman/Boetsch vs. WINNER of Bisping/Vitor or Okami/Belcher is the most apropos, maybe even Weidman/Rockhold? But hell no to Bisping/Belfort itself.
    That would be more appropriate. A tournament situation would garner alot more fan interest then simply making Belfort/Bisping being the interim title eliminator as there is a space of time when 3 fights would be more appropriate than only 2.

Weidman/Boetsch - Bisping/Vitor

Winner 1 vs. 2

Belcher/Okami. Both need two major wins for a title shot, imo. Even despite Belcher's wins prior to injury.

Anderson will be avoiding the MW division for a long time if GSP wins. If Anderson leaves the MW division, he will be gone over a year.

I see so many ppl on here talking about how the winner of Weidman vs. Boetch being the number one contender and saying that they don't think that Bisping or Vitor could beat either one of them. I just shake my head and laugh.

Boetch was getting his tail kicked against Okami and then came out and landed a few good shots to a guy who always crumples against pressure, then according to the judges beat Lombard when all he did was pitty pat the whole fight and just won on the basis that he may have landed more shots than Lombard who threw like 10 punches the whole fight. It was the most boring fight I have seen in a loooong time.

My point is that while Weidman may very well be the #1 contender and the next best guy, to me that is a big maybe as he has not fought anyone outside of Munoz although he did look great that fight, but Boetch won't beat Weidman, and couldn't beat Vitor, Bisping, or hell even Munoz IMO. Hell, I dont think he could beat Ace outside of having a punchers chance.

9. Default

No Michael.

Why?

Because...

.. this.

------------------

Thread Information