Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Erick Silva Returning At UFC 156, No Opponent Known Yet

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Also I would like it if Erick fought more in North America. Every fight the guy had before joining the UFC was in Brazil for his home fans to enjoy.

Now that he is fighting in the UFC he's about to fight his 5th fight and it is to be his 4th in Brazil out of the 5? Seriously WTF is that shit? Visa issues maybe?
    Zuffa stacks cards with fighters of that nationality. They have done this in Canada, Sweden, Germany, Britain and attempted to for Macau.

I know that but it seems to me any time Erick fights it's in Brazil where as someone like JDS hasn't fought in Brazil while under contract with the UFC.

GSP doesn't fight on every Canadian card he does alot yeah but he goes elsewhere just as much.

I just think it's crap because it isn't the Brazilian fans that are going to make him blow up it's his fan base up here thats going to do that and all of us want to see nothing but more of this guy and he dont fight where any of us have a chance to go see it.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    I know it wont happen but 1st name that came to my head was Diaz but I guess he is going to get KOS.

But could you imagine what a fight between Silva/Diaz it would be fuckin insane.

If I had to guess. I think he draws the StunGun Kim..But I believe they will try to build Kim back up so E.Silva wouldn't be the guy for him.

So ya Pierce could be the safe bet or maybe the loser of Hendrix/Kampmann.
    No way the UFC matches him up against Stun Gun. There is too much risk the same thing happens to him that happened to Thiago.

Somebody like John Hathaway would be a good opponent.

On a side note, this card is stacked.

-Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar
    -Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    -Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
    -Urijah Faber vs. TBD
    -Erick Silva vs TBD
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    No way the UFC matches him up against Stun Gun. There is too much risk the same thing happens to him that happened to Thiago.

Somebody like John Hathaway would be a good opponent.

On a side note, this card is stacked.

-Jose Aldo vs. Frankie Edgar
    -Rashad Evans vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira
    -Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida
    -Urijah Faber vs. TBD
    -Erick Silva vs TBD
    Sometimes I really hate stacked cards.... because they are generally surrounded by weak cards.

All I know is Eric Silva is the shit. I really like his look as a fighter hell he reminds me of a character I have seen on Tekken.

That young man is going to go far in the UFC but he needs to step up his wrestling game.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Roger Huerta?
    Haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Roger Huerta?
    No I actually mean the video game but Huerta has that look to.

Its hard to find pictures of him looking pissed outside of the weighins.
    Last edited by roaddawg; 11-15-2012 at 02:18 AM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Siyar or Dan Hardy would be exciting matches, maybe even Diego if he plans on staying at WW.

Since Alves is out until the summer, I think those three are the best matchups, unless they want him against a lower ranked fighter....

Erick Silva never wants another bad weight cut - Fighters Only

“I already spoke with my coach Wallid Ismail. If there is a vacancy or if somebody gets hurt, I would like to finish 2012 with four fights,” he told Fighters Only correspondent Acacio Rodrigues.
    “I apologized to Rogério Camões – my conditioning coach – for not to have followed the diet correctly. I lost 20kg during the preparation, including seven from one day to the following. I had to stay two hours on a bicycle in a sauna. I recovered 12kg from the weigh-in to the fight day but it is something I don’t want to repeat.”

Thread Information