+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Weidman says Brazilian fans want Anderson Silva to lose

Default Chris Weidman says Brazilian fans want Anderson Silva to lose

Chris Weidman says Brazilian fans want Anderson Silva to lose

UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva is on a rockstar level of popularity in his native Brazil. He has some of the biggest sponsors the country have to offer and is adored by fans. Most would agree with the final half of that last sentence, however 185-pound contender Chris Weidman seems to think Brazilian fans aren't as fond as Silva as people think.

According to Weidman, though, he did not get much heat during his time in Brazil. In fact, the New York native says the fans in the country where Silva is considered a national hero aren't as supportive of him as perceived.

Weidman talks to Kimura.se about the number of Brazilian fans telling him they want Silva to lose for the first time in his UFC career.

"Not a couple, a lot, a good majority of them. Because I think I'm coming here confident I can beat Anderson, coming out in the public saying I can beat him, pretty much the ducking me thing. So I figured [the Brazilian fans] were going to be like, ‘Hey, wait a minute.' But actually it was the opposite. You know, I guess there's a lot of reasons, but a lot of them want to see him lose and they want me to beat him, so I was surprised with that."
    Weidman would not get into specifics as to why he thinks Brazilian fans want Silva to lose, he believes a majority of the group have nothing legitimate against Silva other than the fact they want to see the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world knocked off his pedestal.

"Basically when someone's on top for a long time people kind of want to see someone fail, which is kind of like hating. So I think a majority of the people are probably just hating on him and want to see him lose, but I think there's other reasons too but I'm not going to go into that I'm not trying to butcher Anderson Silva."
    What "other reasons" Weidman is talking about are unknown, but what is known is Weidman will not be the next man to challenge Silva. That task is likely to go to Georges St. Pierre, should he defeat Carlos Condit at UFC 154 this weekend.
    Chris Weidman says Brazilian fans want Anderson Silva to lose - MMAmania.com

THERE YOU GO WEIDMAN! Talk that shit. Force that little coward into defending his belt. He needs to do way more of this.

I think Weidman just watched the Rocky IV movie where at the end all the Sovietic people were standing and clapping Rocky and he thinks that something like that may actually happen in real life.
    Another theory is that probably Weidman watched Fedor vs Coleman II or Fedor vs Sylvia, where despite that they were fighitng in th USA, most of the people were cheering for Fedor, and he is hoping that the same will happen with him.

What he fail to realize is:

1) Anderson does not has any minimal interest in fighting him

2) If the fight happens, all Brazilian fans will chant "You will die" to Weidman, and they will be very happy when Anderson finishes him.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    What he fail to realize is:

1) Anderson does not has any minimal interest in fighting him
    What you fail to realize is that the only way to make Anderson fight when he is running away from a bout is to mock Anderson in front of the media.

I am Canadian and every time GSP fights up until the final bell of the last round sounds im scared and on the edge of my seat hoping he dont get clipped or caught with something.

Now when Jones or Silva fight I am the exact same way but hoping one of them get clipped or caught with something..

Everyone just want's to see greats fall more so when they aren't fans of the fighter.

Jones and Silva both come across to the public as spoiled douchebags I can understand why many want to see them fall.

Urghhh everyday Vitor slapping on that armbar goes through my head it's fuckin sad.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Everyone since the dawn of time has loved to see heroes both rise and fall.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    THERE YOU GO WEIDMAN! Talk that shit. Force that little coward into defending his belt. He needs to do way more of this.

You people crack me up with this nonsense. Anderson has destroyed everybody that has faced him. Including the ones that had to talk shit to get their title shots. Weidman has beat one fucking guy and all of a sudden he is the man thats going to take out the champ? but Anderson is ducking him? Yeah right. Im gonna laugh my ass off when Boetch puts Weidman to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post

Weidman has beat one fucking guy and all of a sudden he is the man thats going to take out the champ? .

How the fuck is Munoz,Maia,Lawlor,Bongfeldt,Sakara = one guy?

Munoz and Maia both top ten arguably top 5 the other 3 are all very game opponents.

And I believe of thees'e 5 guys he beat not one...lol he came in on short notice for 2-3 of em.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    How the fuck is Munoz,Maia,Lawlor,Bongfeldt,Sakara = one guy?

Munoz and Maia both top ten arguably top 5 the other 3 are all very game opponents.

And I believe of thees'e 5 guys he beat not one...lol he came in on short notice for 2-3 of em.
    Munoz fight he looked great.

Maia fight, he looked like shit.

Lawlor is tough, good win.

Bongfeldt... who?

Sakara, who hasnt beat him?

Is Weidman deserving of a title shot? Sure. But I dont think he's earned it enough to be crying and bitching about the P4P best in the world is ducking him.

I think Boetch has earned his shot just as much as Weidman as and I dont hear any bitching and moaning coming from him.

Chris, they are Brazilians, not Borg. They don't all share the same brain, they don't all look alike, dress alike, think alike and they don't all like Anderson Silva.

I can't believe he's still talking about Anderson and he hasn't made it past Tim, someone I do not see as having anywhere near the level of fighting ability that Anderson has, but who (Tim) has a good chance of actually beating him (Chris). Tim vs. Anderson wouldn't be as competitive as Bonnar vs. Anderson was, Tim is much slower than Bonnar, he would be demolished instantly or whenever Anderson felt like it.

Hopefully Chris wins and gets a shot at Anderson. I can't wait for Anderson to beat his ass. He might have to fight one more time if Bisping wins, Dana will really want to cash in on Bisping vs. Anderson, that's a huge money fight right there, probably bigger than Chael vs. Anderson when you think about it globally, I just don't see that happening considering Belfort, who should be fighting Wandy, wtf! Fight actually makes sense now considering Wandy's recent performances have been good and Belfort coming off a loss @LHW kind of brings them closer to the same area... Bis vs. Cung wouldn't have disappointed me after seeing Cung ko Franklin.

Anyway, if Chris wins, he's the legit #1 contender in the MW division no matter what happens in Bisping's fight. Bisping needs 2 solid wins in a row against top 10 guys to be considered at this point.

MW division IMO is the weakest division today. I think Chael is about to start proving that. Munoz, Tim, they are both in the top ten rankings now because they left the LHW division.
    Last edited by Y2JUBAE; 11-14-2012 at 12:14 AM.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information