Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chris Weidman says Brazilian fans want Anderson Silva to lose

Im a huge Boetsch fan but I think Weidman's streak is more impressive and I find he posses the biggest threat to Anderson with his style and tools.

I find that Tim has nothing to offer Anderson he is a hard worker and tough as nails but he is a taylor made KOTN for Anderson.

I guess there is no sense talking about Tim or Chris in this manner they have a fight coming up and one of them will tell us whats good about this discussion and I believe that man will be Chris.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    MW division IMO is the weakest division today. I think Chael is about to start proving that. Munoz, Tim, they are both in the top ten rankings now because they left the LHW division.
    Lightheavy is way worse. Bisping, Stann, Belcher, and others including Weidman provide so many good match ups not only for Anderson but for when he eventually leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Is Weidman deserving of a title shot? Sure. But I dont think he's earned it enough to be crying and bitching about the P4P best in the world is ducking him.
    Hold on for a second...can you show me where he's "crying and bitching" about Anderson ducking him? I actually see you crying and bitching more about Weidman than Weidman is crying and bitching about Anderson--and he's literally got his livelihood at stake. He was asked a question, he answered it. He focused more on the fans than the fact that--despite the fact that dana announced he was the #1 contender 3 months ago and he still has to face another top 10 guy, Anderson announced he has no intention of facing him.

By any way you look at it, that's a champion ducking a contender. There is literally no other excuse that makes any sense. Even if you think Anderson is justified in ducking him to chase big money vanity fights, it still comes down to Weidman being announced as #1, and Anderson--not soares, but Anderson--stating he has no intention of fighting him. That's textbook ducking.

And Chris isn't whining about it, he's talking about how he's surprised that Brazilian fans are nationalistic about wanting Anderson to always win.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

SMH at people who still think Anderson is afraid to fight ANYBODY!!! The hate has you blinded for sure.

This is what Weidman needs to do.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    THERE YOU GO WEIDMAN! Talk that shit. Force that little coward into defending his belt. He needs to do way more of this.
    If you are gonna troll then troll hard. Atleast you recognize the fact that Weidman is butt hurt and talking out of his ass.

I hope Weidman gets KTFO by Tim Bo or Vitor (likely Vitor). Anyways this punk isn't Chael Sonnen and talking shit like this won't move him any closer to a title shot than anyone else whose talked similiar shit.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Hold on for a second...can you show me where he's "crying and bitching" about Anderson ducking him? I actually see you crying and bitching more about Weidman than Weidman is crying and bitching about Anderson--and he's literally got his livelihood at stake. He was asked a question, he answered it. He focused more on the fans than the fact that--despite the fact that dana announced he was the #1 contender 3 months ago and he still has to face another top 10 guy, Anderson announced he has no intention of facing him.

By any way you look at it, that's a champion ducking a contender. There is literally no other excuse that makes any sense. Even if you think Anderson is justified in ducking him to chase big money vanity fights, it still comes down to Weidman being announced as #1, and Anderson--not soares, but Anderson--stating he has no intention of fighting him. That's textbook ducking.

And Chris isn't whining about it, he's talking about how he's surprised that Brazilian fans are nationalistic about wanting Anderson to always win.

rh
    You can't possibly be shocked or disappointed that somebody Dana announced as a #1 contender didn't come to fruition? Dana goes off half cocked after almost every show announcing future contenders and they almost never happen. It's a kiss of death.

I like Chris Weidman and I truly believe he's got a bright future in the middleweight division. But I really don't get why people are acting like he's the second coming of Christ. I just don't think he's ready for Anderson, yet. Let him fight Tim, I honestly believe it's the right fight for him. It will allow him to continue to get some seasoning against a top opponent and build his name. I don't see the harm in that.

I say Weidman gets the loser of GSP/Condit

GSP rehab's

Before the fight, Weidman says Condit is ducking him, and Nick Diaz is a last minute replacment

then after that fight

BJ Penn retires again

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    This is what Weidman needs to do.
    How different would that movie be if Rocky then stated he'd never fight Clubber Lang, and went on to pick a fight with a guy played by, I dunno, someone Wesley Snipes or Van Damme sized...and the guy he was looking to fight had no interest in the bout, and just wanted to defend in his own weight class?

I mean, that's clearly the stuff legends are made of...

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by 0mega1 View Post
    Munoz fight he looked great.

Maia fight, he looked like shit.

Lawlor is tough, good win.

Bongfeldt... who?

Sakara, who hasnt beat him?

Is Weidman deserving of a title shot? Sure. But I dont think he's earned it enough to be crying and bitching about the P4P best in the world is ducking him.

I think Boetch has earned his shot just as much as Weidman as and I dont hear any bitching and moaning coming from him.

Anderson got his shot by beating Tony Fryklund and Chris Leben and you're saying Weidman didnt earn his shot??? C'Mon!
    The difference is the champ Anderson got his shot against will fight anyone. Anderson knows there is a new breed coming and is about protecting his legacy, picking his fights closely, and thats ok..But thats not defending the belt and giving a young guy a shot. Thats not a true champ, i dont care how good you are.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Thread Information