Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chris Weidman says Brazilian fans want Anderson Silva to lose

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
    Anderson got his shot by beating Tony Fryklund and Chris Leben and you're saying Weidman didnt earn his shot??? C'Mon!
    The difference is the champ Anderson got his shot against will fight anyone. Anderson knows there is a new breed coming and is about protecting his legacy, picking his fights closely, and thats ok..But thats not defending the belt and giving a young guy a shot. Thats not a true champ, i dont care how good you are.

H.
    To be fair, Anderson came in as a bigger prospect then Weidman.

People were talking about Silva joining the UFC during PrideFC.

And Weidman didn't quite impress everyone, like Anderson.

Let Weidman fight Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post

Ok..Lets be fair on this both ways.
    to your note you underlined; Anderson was 7-3 in his last 10 fights before his shot at "Ace". The benefit to Anderson is the division lacked depth in 2006.

Now the division is very deep and you have an undefeated fighter with some top 5 wins. Id say then (Anderson)to now (Weidman)their about even on the prospect chart.

You dont have to like Weidman to give the kid his due.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post

Ahhh...but times have changed. I guarantee that more people know who Wiedman is in 2012 than knew who Anderson was in 2006.

Anyone who wasn't impressed with his fight with Munoz is either Michael Bisping or someone who doesn't want Anderson to fight anyone with good wrestling.

Weidman did better against Maia on 10 days notice than Anderson did with an entire camp. Perhaps Silva should have spent less time playing air guitar and watching dancing with the stars and actually focused on fighting.

That fight makes absolutely no sense. Weidman is set to face Boetsch, another top 5 fighter on a three fight win streak. Franklin is unranked and coming off a loss.

You dont have to like Weidman to give the kid his due.
    It's interesting, it seems to me that if you really, really like Anderson--and by that I mean "LIKE him, like him," like Dottie likes Pee Wee--you simultaneously have to hate on Weidman. You have to pretend that Anderson having more title defenses than Chris has fights makes some kind of difference; or that Munoz wasn't a great win, or that Anderson is bigger than the sport and shouldn't have to fight legitimate guys if they won't make him enough money to fill up his swimming pool and roll around in.

It's kind of sad.

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 11-14-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: quote formatting
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Anderson got his shot by beating Tony Fryklund and Chris Leben and you're saying Weidman didnt earn his shot??? C'Mon!
    The difference is the champ Anderson got his shot against will fight anyone. Anderson knows there is a new breed coming and is about protecting his legacy, picking his fights closely, and thats ok..But thats not defending the belt and giving a young guy a shot. Thats not a true champ, i dont care how good you are.

H.
    Re-read the post. I said he hadnt earned the right to be bitching about the p4p best in the world "is ducking him"; but as RH so eloquently put it. I guess its not really Weidman doing the crying and bitching, its his fans. I dont think it really matters anyways because Weidman is getting put to sleep by the Barbarian.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    like Dottie likes Pee Wee
    I'm a loner Dottie...a rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I'm a loner Dottie...a rebel.
    so long, Dott.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

H.
    Are you saying Silva refused to fight Weidman or are you upset he is pursuing a fight against GSP 1st?
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Lets hope the UFC makes him fight Weidman, after getting a fat extension on his contract...

Quote Originally Posted by W.Silva>C.Norris View Post
    how short your little memory is.. ANDERSON SAID HE REFUSES TO FIGHT WEIDMAN.
    lol you crack me up...

Not that you said as much, but

Do you honestly think that Weidman is more dangerous than GSP or Jones?
    Last edited by Kimbo> Rampage; 11-15-2012 at 10:16 AM.

Thread Information