Thread: Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida Bout Now in Doubt for UFC 156

Default Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida Bout Now in Doubt for UFC 156

Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida Bout Now in Doubt for UFC 156

A UFC light heavyweight showdown between two of the top fighters in the division, Dan Henderson and Lyoto Machida, has been targeted for UFC 156 on Super Bowl weekend, but a shadow of doubt lingers over the fight… at least for the Feb. 2 event slated for Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

While Henderson said on last week’s edition of MMA Uncensored Live on Spike TV that he was told that UFC 156 was the target for such a bout, the injured knee that kept him out of the UFC 151 headliner against Jon Jones may delay a bout with Machida.

Henderson has returned to training, but has been taking things slow, making sure that he allows his knee to fully heal, so as not to set him back any further.

UFC officials, according to a report on Tuesday night’s UFC Tonight on Fuel TV, aren’t quite comfortable pulling the trigger and setting a Henderson vs. Machida bout for UFC 156 just yet.
    UFC 156 Fight Card Update: Dan Henderson vs. Lyoto Machida Bout in Doubt for Super Bowl Weekend | MMAWeekly.com

Hendo shouldn't be fighting Machida, but if he does I hope it is this card. Frankie+ hendo(don't forget to carry the Machida carcass out of the octagon) - Aldo's title from him = 1 happy Donosaur. I think my math is correct.

Delayed until after Jones fights Chael maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Delayed until after Jones fights Chael maybe?
    Ideally Chael does 90% of the ultimate fighter, verbally embarrasses Bones, and then something happens to scrap that fight. Enter Hendo. I know it's not likely, but I can dream.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Ideally Chael does 90% of the ultimate fighter, verbally embarrasses Bones, and then something happens to scrap that fight. Enter Hendo. I know it's not likely, but I can dream.
    Ya, I've been pretty much hoping for the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I may be in the minority but YESSSSS lol. I really don't want to see either guy lose, it will mess either guy's career up with a loss although it would be an awesome fight.

Hopefully chael pulls out and Hendo takes over, I mean he's already on the show anyway.

Thread Information