Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maynard injured, out of Lauzon fight, Jim Miller steps in to replace him

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Injuries starting to roll in again at least this bout is being saved by a good replacement. Just glad no one is hurt (so far) for Sat nights card.
    No 1 will be. Just PR shit now no contact.

Someone could come in pudgy on the scale but it wont be one of the important fights.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I'm glad the replacement is Miller and not just some punk. I am a big J-Lau fan and was very excited at the possibility of him beating Maynard and climbing the ladder. Miller still keeps that possibility alive. It won't be easy, but Lauzon could win and that would instantly shoot him up the ladder. I'm not saying he would get a quick title shot, but he would definately shoot up a good amount.

Can't say I hate this. Maynard is so strong I think he'd have rag dolled Joe which I didn't wanna see. Joe does have a tendency to win those type of fights though. Him and Miller will be fun

Fuckin injuries man.....
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    No 1 will be. Just PR shit now no contact.

Someone could come in pudgy on the scale but it wont be one of the important fights.
    Yeah should be safe but people have been known to cut themselves warming up or fall on pipes backstage and have to go to hospital the day of the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Yeah should be safe but people have been known to cut themselves warming up or fall on pipes backstage and have to go to hospital the day of the fight.
    SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU DAMN JINXER!!!!!! AHHHHH, I CANT HEAR YOU, LALALALALALALA if something like that happens im going to flood your inbox with pictures of adolescents giving you the finger

Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU DAMN JINXER!!!!!! AHHHHH, I CANT HEAR YOU, LALALALALALALA if something like that happens im going to flood your inbox with pictures of adolescents giving you the finger

Expect the worst hope for the best never disappointed that way

This sucks.... I had maynard being too much for Lauzon... Lauzon vs. Miller is closer imo and should be a better fight... cant ask for a better replacement.

JIM MILLER is the fucking man!!!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Damn that sucks.. This is a great replacement fight though. Should be a very exciting fight. I hope joe wins, but miller is tough to put away and joe has problems when he cant finish guys.

Thread Information