Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rashad Evans: Looking for a rematch against Machida

Default Rashad Evans: Looking for a rematch against Machida

Well it looks like Rashad Evans may be returning in early 2013. He would like a rematch against Machida before dropping down to mw to challenge Anderson Silva.

Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

I dont know about that... Evans has improved himself a lot in all areas since their first fight... but Machida is a bad matchup for him...

Lyoto keeps his distance well and has great TDD. I do think the new Evans can get Lyoto down, but it will be hard... and what is he going to do that the entire fight?

He should be looking for a fight with Shogun, that has been supposed to happen for so many years now... that fight seems tailor made for him.

If Lyoto/Hendo gets made, Dan can kiss his title shot away... Maybe its best for Dan to avoid that fight, and wait/heal up for Jones.

No sense in him rushing to to 185 now with Silva looking to holdout til a GSP fight. He should stay at 205 and fight against Shogun and Hendo as well.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    No sense in him rushing to to 185 now with Silva looking to holdout til a GSP fight. He should stay at 205 and fight against Shogun and Hendo as well.
    He matches up with Shogun and Hendo a lot better than he does Machida... I see him winning both of those fights handily...

If he wanted to fight Anderson, im sure Anderson's camp would have no problem accepting that fight.... Evans has proven to be able to sell fights. Those leaches couldnt turn down that kind of money... While GSP has time to bulk up.

but im sure some of the fans would put Weidman as being more dangerous than Evans.

Machida will give him the stinky leg again if they were to fight..

He should fight someone else. The rematch is only for his ego (potentially). But, I think Machida would smash him again. There are more interesting matchups out there for him at this point.

I think if he dropped down to 185 and fought the winner of Weidman/Boestch or Belfort/Bisping, he'd be a win away from a title fight. I think Silva would come back sooner for that fight, huge potential for PPV $$$
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    I think if he dropped down to 185 and fought the winner of Weidman/Boestch or Belfort/Bisping, he'd be a win away from a title fight. I think Silva would come back sooner for that fight, huge potential for PPV $$$
    I would love to see him fight Weidman, Vitor, Sonnen and Hendo. I believe there was a rumor about Hendo Vs Machida possibly getting cancelled. If that happens we may just see Rashad as a fill in.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    I would love to see him fight Weidman, Vitor, Sonnen and Hendo. I believe there was a rumor about Hendo Vs Machida possibly getting cancelled. If that happens we may just see Rashad as a fill in.
    I don't believe it was outright canceled, just postponed for a bit so Hendo's knee can fully heal. Maybe Goose/Shogun winner for Rashad's comeback fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.

Quote Originally Posted by POINDEXTER View Post
    He should fight someone else. The rematch is only for his ego (potentially). But, I think Machida would smash him again. There are more interesting matchups out there for him at this point.
    Most definitely.

Thread Information