Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rashad Evans: Looking for a rematch against Machida

I think Rashad would attempt to utilize his wrestling this time around. In their 1st bout he was clearly out of bounds.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quite evidently, Machida's striking expertise and repertoire is larger than Evan's arsenal of overhand rights.

Evans fell in love with his striking after his KO of Liddell, common with wrestlers after scoring a KO.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 11-15-2012 at 09:46 PM.

Rashad isn't as quick or as accurate as Machida. If he overcommits like Bader I can easily see him getting KTFO out again. Another big nono he made was trying to talk shit while engaging in strikes with Machida (that was just dumb) and that will certainly land him in stankylegville again.

I do think he learned one valueable lesson in that fight and that was he can get KTFO just like anyone else. He would likely be more strategic and more caution in a rematch.

Personally I think he just needs to drop down to mw as he has no chance in hell at even beating Jon Jones.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

i think rashad should drop down now and make a run, he isnt getting any younger, the 205ers are getting bigger, hes actually closer to 185lb gold than 205, a rematch against bisping would be a perfect chum bucket to lure anderson, if only he could just get over having to earn a title shot, unfortunately chael and belfort have set the bar high with a special ingredient that suga just cant match, its called charisma

So I am reading that Rashad is looking to rematch Machida. I am looking to rewatch the stanky leg so this works for me.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Machida is a horrible matchup for him. Machida keeps his distance well and has great takedown defense as well. Even though Evans would be aiming for a takedown, I still don't think he'd be able to get it and would be forced to standing with Machida and would get knocked out again.

Brown Pride

Thread Information