Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Cote 'ready for the fight of his life' against Alessio Sakara at UFC 154

1. Default Patrick Cote 'ready for the fight of his life' against Alessio Sakara at UFC 154

Exclusive: Patrick Cote 'ready for the fight of his life' against Alessio Sakara at UFC 154 - MMAmania.com

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight Patrick Cote has had his ups and downs inside the Octagon since he first fought in the organization in 2004, the high point being his 185-pound championship bout with Anderson Silva at UFC 90 back in Oct. 2008.

Unfortunately for the French-Canadian, he has recently fallen on tough times, losing four-straight UFC bouts with his last victory coming against Ricardo Almeida more than four years ago. "The Predator" did manage to compile four victories between UFC stints, with his last win coming at the expense of Gustavo Machado at Amazon Forest Combat (AFC) 2 earlier this year.

But, in the world of mixed martial arts (MMA), non-UFC wins are a dime a dozen. It's results inside that Octagon that matter most, which is the reason Cote is calling his showdown with Alessio Sakara this weekend at UFC 154 at the Bell Center in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, "the biggest fight" of his career.

Just days away from Cote's self-described date with destiny, the 32-year-old spoke with Mike Bohn for MMAmania.com about a plethora of topics.

Check it out:

Mike Bohn: How does it feel to be back fighting in Canada again?

Patrick Cote: It's good man, fighting in my hometown, it's always fun.

Mike Bohn: You have a big fight with Alessio Sakara, what do you think about him as an opponent?

Patrick Cote: Great boxer, fast, a lot of experience, he's a very technical boxer, but he's been stopped a couple of times in the UFC, his chin's maybe not his best weapon and I'm planning to test that.

Mike Bohn: Are you going to try and exploit his chin? Because that's one major thing -- people think you have a chin that's made of granite while he's been knocked out multiple times?

Patrick Cote: I'm not looking to overuse it, but I know my chin is there if I need it. But I'm going in there, I want to fight a technical fight and I want to prove I'm a better boxer than him.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

poor Sak... you know your boy is getting KO'd.

Sadly I think everyone knows Sakara is getting KTFO which really sucks because he's a favorite of mine and I NEVER had any care/hope/or interest in Cote.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Sadly I think everyone knows Sakara is getting KTFO which really sucks because he's a favorite of mine and I NEVER had any care/hope/or interest in Cote.
    he got robbed against Leban... and blatantly fouled against Belcher. I have no hope for him as far as beating Anderson, but he has been slighted in a few of his fights.

Shouldn't the Anderson Silva fight be the fight of his life?
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

I still don't think this fight happens
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Shouldn't the Anderson Silva fight be the fight of his life?
    Im sure at the time it was, but when you are 4 years removed from that fight, and have since been cut/brought back to the UFC and could possibly be cut again if he loses this fight, I can see why this is the fight of his life. Idk the number off the top of my head, but how many guys have made it back to the UFC after being cut twice? i bet its very few if any...

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

8. Default

I wouldn't want a fight were I blew out my knee to be considered my best fight also lost it too.

He loses and he'll be cut again.

Quote Originally Posted by POINDEXTER View Post
    He loses and he'll be cut again.
    I'll love it when you post. For the simple pleasure of cycling through your sigs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information