Exclusive: Patrick Cote 'ready for the fight of his life' against Alessio Sakara at UFC 154 - MMAmania.com

Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) middleweight Patrick Cote has had his ups and downs inside the Octagon since he first fought in the organization in 2004, the high point being his 185-pound championship bout with Anderson Silva at UFC 90 back in Oct. 2008.

Unfortunately for the French-Canadian, he has recently fallen on tough times, losing four-straight UFC bouts with his last victory coming against Ricardo Almeida more than four years ago. "The Predator" did manage to compile four victories between UFC stints, with his last win coming at the expense of Gustavo Machado at Amazon Forest Combat (AFC) 2 earlier this year.

But, in the world of mixed martial arts (MMA), non-UFC wins are a dime a dozen. It's results inside that Octagon that matter most, which is the reason Cote is calling his showdown with Alessio Sakara this weekend at UFC 154 at the Bell Center in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, "the biggest fight" of his career.

Just days away from Cote's self-described date with destiny, the 32-year-old spoke with Mike Bohn for MMAmania.com about a plethora of topics.

Check it out:

Mike Bohn: How does it feel to be back fighting in Canada again?

Patrick Cote: It's good man, fighting in my hometown, it's always fun.

Mike Bohn: You have a big fight with Alessio Sakara, what do you think about him as an opponent?

Patrick Cote: Great boxer, fast, a lot of experience, he's a very technical boxer, but he's been stopped a couple of times in the UFC, his chin's maybe not his best weapon and I'm planning to test that.

Mike Bohn: Are you going to try and exploit his chin? Because that's one major thing -- people think you have a chin that's made of granite while he's been knocked out multiple times?

Patrick Cote: I'm not looking to overuse it, but I know my chin is there if I need it. But I'm going in there, I want to fight a technical fight and I want to prove I'm a better boxer than him.