Thread: Dana White confirms Ultimate Fighter's return to Wednesdays in 2013

Default Dana White confirms Ultimate Fighter's return to Wednesdays in 2013

Dana White confirms Ultimate Fighter's return to Wednesdays in 2013

After declining ratings this past year, FX will be moving The Ultimate Fighter reality show back to Wednesday nights, where the show aired for many years on Spike TV.
    The 17th season of Ultimate Fighter, which is currently being filmed in Las Vegas with Jon Jones and Chael Sonnen as coaches, is expected to air on Wednesday nights, starting in January on FX.

The show moving to a better night was announced by FX Executive Vice President Chuck Saftler back in October. Malki Kawa, the manager of Jones, said the move would be to Wednesday in an interview with The Fight Network. Subsequently, MMAFighting.com confirmed the new date with Dana White.

In doing so, the show is moving back to the night it ran on Spike for many years. The show moved to Fridays at the start of 2012, with the move from Spike TV to FX. Even though moving to a significantly higher rated network, and having the fights air live for the first time in the show's history, ratings fell to the lowest level in the show's history.
    Dana White confirms Ultimate Fighter's return to Wednesdays in 2013 - MMA Fighting

*Well that is a kick in the balls to the new Wed nights on Spike w/ Bellator!
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 11-15-2012 at 04:08 PM.

only time i watched TUF live was when it was on wed... i have all of this season on my dvr and still havent watched a episode

...but seriously you guyz, it was doing fuckin' great on Fridays. No concerns at all with viewership and numbers and fuckin' shit like that.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thank you! This helps those of us who want to watch it with out having to ruin a friday night.

Meh it needs time off the air not a different night.

You only program shows for Friday nights that women will watch with ice cream on hand.

TUF is not one of those shows.

8. Default

if it does or doesn't drama. If it goes to Wednesday great watch both at same time only ten minutes I care to watch of TUF anyhow. Fridays conflicted with boys football and ect.. plus it was getting monotonous no desire to watch any more for me.

Lightbulb

please just cancel the damn show already. its hella played out.

Thread Information