Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BJ Penn Serious About His UFC Comeback with Stacked Team of Training Partners

Default BJ Penn Serious About His UFC Comeback with Stacked Team of Training Partners

BJ Penn Serious About His UFC Comeback with Stacked Team of Training Partners

Returning from a short-lived retirement to face Rory MacDonald at UFC on Fox 5 on Dec. 8 in Seattle, however, Penn appears to be at the top of his game, even in the training room.

At least, if the training partners he’s hired for this fight are any indication, it appears that Penn couldn’t be any more serious about his Octagon comeback.

A report on Tuesday night’s edition of UFC Tonight revealed that Penn has been working with a number of top welterweights, including UFC fighter Jay Hieron, Strikeforce welterweights Tarec Saffiedine and Tryon Woodley, as well as Strikeforce lightweight title contender Pat Healy and former Strikeforce champion Josh Thomson, and, if that wasn’t enough, he’s also working with current Bellator welterweight champion Ben Askren.
    BJ Penn Serious About His UFC Comeback with Stacked Team of Training Partners | MMAWeekly.com

Rory MacDonald reportedly 'annoyed' with VADA drug test, while UFC on FOX 5 opponent B.J. Penn 'in love'

Ariel Helwani of FUEL TV and SB Nation brought word, during a segment on "UFC Tonight," that MacDonald has been finding the process "annoying."

Conversely, Helwani reported that Penn is enjoying the testing, and he has no problem placing himself under the magnifying glass if it means he can prove he's a clean fighter and possibly expose those who aren't playing by the same set of rules.

His position as translated by Helwani:

"B.J. loves this. B.J. is the guy who was talking about VADA before anyone in the MMA. He is a proponent because it makes sure everyone is healthy and safe. He believes there are cheaters in the sport and he wants to make sure he is not fighting one of them. So, he is enjoying these tests. You know motivation has always been a question for B.J., but when you consider the fighters he has surrounded himself with he is very motivated to fight. B.J. is surrounding himself with top names in MMA such as Jay Hieron, Tarec Safieddine, Tyron Woodley from Strikeforce, Pat Healy, Josh Thomson and Ben Askren and this makes it interesting to see how that translates come December 8."

Thus far, no results for either fighter have been released.
    http://www.mmamania.com/2012/11/15/3...penn-ufc-fox-5

(insert comment about how BJ is back & something about his warrior spirit here)

Askren was a good decision.

Hes back with a stacked team of nobodies?

I give him almost no chance in this fight. Rory is one of the strongest in the division that happens to be above BJ's.

In before the someone trolls with GIF of BJ quitting against GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    A stack of nobodies? Wow...I really need to stop reading your comments.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Beat me to it Face palm
    Fav Fighters: Penn, Wand, Fedor, Genki, Shields, Rashad, Pulver, Diaz bros, Melendez.

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post

I give him almost no chance in this fight. Rory is one of the strongest in the division that happens to be above BJ's.
    Those are all good fighters who can give 100% of their time and effort to helping BJ, not like bringing in one or two big names who to focus on a hundred other things

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by beardown98 View Post
    Beat me to it Face palm
    Quoted For one of the saddest Truths I've seen outside of a trolldawg-and-rampage-illogically-pretending-anderson-isn't-a-diva threads.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Those that insert that gif and talk about BJ quiting are crazy. Look I am far fgrom a BJ nuthugger but come on...a quiter BJ is not. BJ wieght was like 165 when he fought Lyoto and only lost by UD. Hell Lyoto could not make BJ quit and outweied him 40+ pounds.
    He shouldn't have been talking shit then.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 11-15-2012 at 11:36 AM.

Thread Information