Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BJ Penn Serious About His UFC Comeback with Stacked Team of Training Partners

Quote Originally Posted by TBEAR View Post
    Those that insert that gif and talk about BJ quiting are crazy. Look I am far fgrom a BJ nuthugger but come on...a quiter BJ is not. BJ wieght was like 165 when he fought Lyoto and only lost by UD. Hell Lyoto could not make BJ quit and outweied him 40+ pounds.
    He wasn't a quiter in the Lyoto fight, but he was in the GSP fight and it looked even worse since he tryed to convince everyone before the fight that it was infact GSP that was the quiter hahahaha

B.J will drop him with a right and choke him out, wait and see.
    “I just want to be known as the greatest ever…is that too much to ask?”

B.J Penn

https://www.facebook.com/roy.billington1
    https://twitter.com/RoyBillington

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Hes back with a stacked team of nobodies?

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    In before the someone trolls with GIF of BJ quitting against GSP.

5. Default

On him quitting. Your in the cage you don't have a answer for whats coming you've taken damage. So to concede in honorable fashion refrain from more abuse totals to the body for no gain isn't to crazy in the long run. They game planned BJ perfectly pumped his arms up to slow him down put anough abuse on him were he would know he didn't have the power to knock GSP out. Plus BJ new he wasn't going to out wrestle GSP with his low risk smothering style.
    I'm not saying I'm a fan of it, but understand why. As the saying went retreat today to win the war another day as it's only a battle today.

OK, this is about Rory and BJ, right? How long ago was BJ and GSP?

We all know that BJ gets motivated like crazy for at least one fight. He hasn't fought in a while and I expect to see a great BJ in this fight win or lose. The question is, will he continue to be motivated? He has seemed to have no issues being motivated for that initial fight, but then it seems to fade.

I am a huge BJ fan and I would love nothing more than to see him come in and beat Rory. BUT....I think that is all useless if he fades back to that laziness that seems to come about after that first dominating win. Time will tell....
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

Only guarantee I can make about this fight is that it's going to be a fucking war

I am leaning towards Rory, but only slightly at this point

As motivated as BJ seems to be for this fight, I am more than sure that Rory is just as much. Beating BJ Penn in am entertaining fight on FOX would be absolutely MASSIVE for his career. So as amped as BJ is to beat Rory, the same enthusiasm is coming right back at him

Quote Originally Posted by v3xi View Post
    Hes back with a stacked team of nobodies?
    You make yourself look more and more moronic each time you post.

I was rooting for you in your internet fight against the neurotic troller, Roaddawg, but you were entirely out-witted by his revisionist history. It made for many LoLs.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    On him quitting. Your in the cage you don't have a answer for whats coming you've taken damage. So to concede in honorable fashion refrain from more abuse totals to the body for no gain isn't to crazy in the long run. They game planned BJ perfectly pumped his arms up to slow him down put anough abuse on him were he would know he didn't have the power to knock GSP out. Plus BJ new he wasn't going to out wrestle GSP with his low risk smothering style.
    I'm not saying I'm a fan of it, but understand why. As the saying went retreat today to win the war another day as it's only a battle today.
    The reason why everyone is giving BJ shit and will til the end of his days is how BJ said he would go to the death but ended up quitting because he had no answer for Grease St. Pierre.

Though I dislike BJ's disparaging and unfounded claims over GSP's PED use, the claim of him greasing during that fight is as true as Anderson's cheating ways in regards to the vaseline.

Last edited by Sniggles; 11-15-2012 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    The reason why everyone is giving BJ shit and will til the end of his days is how BJ said he would go to the death but ended up quitting because he had no answer for Grease St. Pierre.

Though I dislike BJ's disparaging and unfounded claims over GSP's PED use, the claim of him greasing during that fight is as true as Anderson's cheating ways in regards to the vaseline.

Yeah except it's Phil Nurse doing his breathing exercise that caused the "greasing" not GSP putting the vaseline from his face and rubbing it all over his body. Also the commission saw it and cleaned it off in between rounds. If BJ has any complaint it should be with the NSAC not GSP.

However those who are saying BJ quit are crazy. BJ didn't quit, his brother did. His family member was so afraid of what GSP was going to do to Penn that he stopped the fight. Penn being the warrior that he is would have gone out for the fifth, most likely would have been finished by TKO, might have survived the fifth round, maybe even caught GSP with something and won. He would not however quit.
    Hating on Anderson Silva before it was the cool thing to do.

The idea of a "true number one contender" is the stupidiest MMA idea to be perpetuated by fans and media, EVER.

HATES the new MMANEWS forum. Bring back the dark background.

Thread Information