Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: BJ Penn Serious About His UFC Comeback with Stacked Team of Training Partners

He quit how many years ago?...... who cares.

Hopefully he is motivated and does come out and at least have a great fight against Rory, who I think is a monster. Rory annoyed by all the tested is weird, I had seen a pic of him not too long ago and he looked huge. I believe he said he was at 200lbs, plus all his bachne, makes me a bit suspicious of him.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    He quit how many years ago?...... who cares.

Hopefully he is motivated and does come out and at least have a great fight against Rory, who I think is a monster. Rory annoyed by all the tested is weird, I had seen a pic of him not too long ago and he looked huge. I believe he said he was at 200lbs, plus all his bachne, makes me a bit suspicious of him.
    I think he's annoyed because it's a pain in the ass sitting down, getting hooked up to all this shit and doing tests for something that he knows he isn't doing. I don't think it's because he is hiding anything, or that it's REALLY annoying him that much, I think he was just being honest that it's a bit of a pain in the ass

BJ also said he "loves" it. Same sort of deal, I am sure he doesnt actually love the process, just loves what the testing stands for and what it does for the sport

That is a great group of fighter to train with. You can tell he is focused on training his TDD. There are some really great wrestlers there.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by NLRepublic View Post
    I think he's annoyed because it's a pain in the ass sitting down, getting hooked up to all this shit and doing tests for something that he knows he isn't doing. I don't think it's because he is hiding anything, or that it's REALLY annoying him that much, I think he was just being honest that it's a bit of a pain in the ass

BJ also said he "loves" it. Same sort of deal, I am sure he doesnt actually love the process, just loves what the testing stands for and what it does for the sport
    Yea him loving it is just over exaggerated as well. Im just a bit skeptical about Rory although he is talented but all that achne on his back makes me wonder if he is/has taken something.

Quote Originally Posted by YukonJordan View Post
    Yeah except it's Phil Nurse doing his breathing exercise that caused the "greasing" not GSP putting the vaseline from his face and rubbing it all over his body. Also the commission saw it and cleaned it off in between rounds. If BJ has any complaint it should be with the NSAC not GSP.

However those who are saying BJ quit are crazy. BJ didn't quit, his brother did. His family member was so afraid of what GSP was going to do to Penn that he stopped the fight. Penn being the warrior that he is would have gone out for the fifth, most likely would have been finished by TKO, might have survived the fifth round, maybe even caught GSP with something and won. He would not however quit.
    I want to clarify it was a joke post. GSP's top control won the match. If you watch the ground battle again, you will see how GSP had trained specifically for Penn's ability to bring his legs up to high guard. GSP would either press the legs back down with his elbow or sherk the legs down with his back muscles by pushing forward and under the legs. One of my favorite GSP fights despite me being a huge BJ Penn fan going in.

GSP/Penn II is like a fine wine, it gets better with age.

first off all, bj never quit against gsp, he was suffocated by a 170 pound blanket and then covered in vaseline and fucked by the bigger man.

He needs different strength and conditioning coaches.....that's what I really wanna see.

Quote Originally Posted by NLRepublic View Post
    That and he said that they will come knocking on his door really early in the morning and he is not accustom to getting up that early. At least that was his big complaint when Florian interviewed him on the "Training Day" show on Fuel
    Favorite UFC Fighters:

HW-Cigano, Frank Mir, Cain Valasquez
    LHW-Machida, Franklin, Jon Jones
    MW-Maia, Gouveia, Anderson
    WW-GSP, Hazelett ,Diaz
    LW-BJ Penn, Huerta, Lauzon

9. Default

The only question I have about Rory is if he wins and gets a title shot will he take it if GSP is the champ. If he chooses no than I don't care to see him procede any futher up the chain. Any fights BJ is in most likely will be vanity fights I don't see him puting in the effort for a title run just some fights that spark a fire in him.

Thread Information