+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Mitrione replaces Shane Carwin, meets Roy Nelson at TUF 16 Finale

I'll take meathead in this fight surprisingly.

I have a feeling Roy cant get him down and Matt will out strike him.

I feel as if Matt got gunshy against Kongo due to the step up in competition but will surprise alot of people in this Nelson matchup.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Boooooooooooooo!!!! I would have setup Mark Hunt vs Roy Nelson
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Boooooooooooooo!!!! I would have setup Mark Hunt vs Roy Nelson
    I don't think Hunt is ready to come back yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post

This fight means NOTHING.
    It does to Mitrione.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    It does to Mitrione.
    Considering he turned down the fight with Cormier(which would've been a far bigger feather in his cap), I'm not too sure he had much of a choice in the matter if he wanted to remain employed by ZUFFA....

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Considering he turned down the fight with Cormier(which would've been a far bigger feather in his cap), I'm not too sure he had much of a choice in the matter if he wanted to remain employed by ZUFFA....
    Damn it! Quit bringing that up. (I should have been at that fight)

Mitrione was already scheduled to fight De Fries, so it is not that he was desperate to get a fight. He simply saw this as a better opportunity for him and he took the offer.

Kinda risky fight for both of them, because the loser will be very near of getting cut from the roster.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

7. Default

the only way the out come means anything is if Meathead wins. He better of been training hard since his last fight if he wants a chance at Roy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Mitrione was already scheduled to fight De Fries, so it is not that he was desperate to get a fight. He simply saw this as a better opportunity for him and he took the offer.

Kinda risky fight for both of them, because the loser will be very near of getting cut from the roster.
    Mitrione didn't take the better opportunity that was the Daniel Cormier main event when it was offered(which given the size difference and experience factor, may have been a more opportune fight for him)I think this was about political pressure and trying to stay off of the shitlist.

I guess im in the minority but I like this fight. I also think mitrione can pull it off with his improved striking and how well he uses his reach along with his kicks. As long as he keeps his distance and composure he can pull off a decision.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information