Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Matt Mitrione replaces Shane Carwin, meets Roy Nelson at TUF 16 Finale

Its a TUF finale, its not going to be a huge name fight. Plus the rest of the card is pretty good for a free TV card. Im afraid if Roy loses then Dana White will personally go to the cage, grab the mic and tell Roy "YOUUURRRRR FIREDDDDDDDDD."

I've grown fond of Meathead. This is a step up for him as Roy's ground game is not too shabby at all. I'll pull for Mitrione though this is a tough fight for him.

The match-up is definitely not as interesting as the original fight, but as far as replacements go it's not bad. Even though I think the biggest advantage Nelson has is in the ground game, I can see him keeping it standing.

Mitrione has heavy hands but I'm sure Nelson will be feeling very confident in his chin, and will want to win spectacularly.

Favourite Fighters: A. Silva, Velasquez, Swanson, Bisping, W. Silva, Barnett, Faber, Dos Santos, Manuwa, McCall, Pickett & Poirier
    Least-Favourite Fighters: Story, Sylvia, Browne & Lentz

0-1 on sig bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Mitrione didn't take the better opportunity that was the Daniel Cormier main event when it was offered(which given the size difference and experience factor, may have been a more opportune fight for him)I think this was about political pressure and trying to stay off of the shitlist.
    Aside from the fact that Cormier has alot of boom power in his fist.

I thought it was very clear that Cormier had Matt's number all day everyday in the grappling department.

I just don't get why your sour about it. The only opportunity Meat was turning down was having his ass handed to him by a lesser known opponent on a smaller stage.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

5. 11-21-2012, 03:55 PM

Thread Information