View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Demian Maia

1 14.29%
  • Jon Fitch

3 42.86%
  • Too close to call.

3 42.86%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia added to February's UFC 156 event

I still do not understand how Fitch won the 3rd with a 10-8 by two judges when there was hardly any damage. That is a 10-9 by my standards.

Very good matchmaking....here we will see if Damian Maia can submit a guy that hasn't been submitted in the UFC before, and we see if Fitch can back himself up saying he can't be submitted. If anybody at Welterweight can submit Fitch its Damian Maia. I think Fitch takes this by leaning on Damian against the cage and tiring him out, then possibly finishing him in the 3rd round.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    The 2nd most dominating round in the history of the UFC. Yeah that's a 10-8
    I really hope you base domination on more variable than strikes landed. That was far from the second most dominant round in UFC history. It wouldn't even the second most dominant round Shogun vs. Bones. Penn landed a shit load of ground and pound but BJ was never really close to being finished.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

^ For serious.

We all know that Fitch lands a large volume of ground strikes when he gets there. MMA is not all about math, you know that Sakara. While that round was impressive by Fitch, it was far from one of the most dominating rounds in UFC history. What GSP did to Penn was domination. Fitch did not come close to finishing Penn.

I stated that there was hardly any damage from those strikes. Holding Penn down and neutralizing any offense is impressive. Nowhere near enough to be considered as a 10-8. I still think it was an inconsistent use of a 10-8 round. It is open for interpretation of course, but it still is a 10-9 by my standards.

It may be a pretty decent fight, or an extremely damn boring one, and I am afraid that it will be the 2nd option. But at least in paper this fight is pretty interesting.

Hopefully Maia can do to Fitch the same he did to Story.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

6. Default

Im betting this winds up as a stand up fight. I dont see maia being able to sub fitch, and I dont see fitch being all that eager to take the fight to damians strongest area. The smart gameplan for Fitch here is to keep his distance and work on landing combinations.

Then Mai wins it. IMO his striking is better than Fitch's
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

we do need to look into how we weight rabbit punches. as dominant as fitch was in round 3, he never passed out of guard to a legitimately dominant position, and the damage-to-strikes landed ratio speaks for itself.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Thread Information