View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Demian Maia

1 14.29%
  • Jon Fitch

3 42.86%
  • Too close to call.

3 42.86%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Jon Fitch vs. Demian Maia added to February's UFC 156 event

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Then Mai wins it. IMO his striking is better than Fitch's
    Isn't that what people said about Erik Silva?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

rh
    yes.

yes it is.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

rh
    Id say silva's stand up is better than fitch's, though. Plus, Fitch was a HUGE step up in comp for the guy. Maia has fought alot tougher competition and has been looking beastly at 170.

Maia is also used to the grappling paced style of fight. Look at how fine he looks in his fight with Macdonald (which was a 3 rd grappling affair) opposed to how he looks at the end of the Weidman and Silva fights. I like this style of fight for Demian.

It will be a great fight. Two guys who fought great in their last fights and fought quite similar as one another...but I like Maia because I think he has better striking and can do more from the top and bottom position. Fitch might be able to dictate the control of the fight a little more, but I think Maia's complete game everywhere the fight goes will allow him to do the things he needs to do when the chances arise. If Maia gets Fitch in the position Silva had him in I don't see him getting out.
    Last edited by dbader08; 11-17-2012 at 03:15 AM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

if maia fights like he has the last two fights, he should take this. he went in for the kill against story and stun gun, and it's the thing he neglected against weidman and munoz, (two fights he could have easily won if he had fought to his strengths).

onto the striking. maia's hands are quicker than fitch's, though i don't know that he's necessarily the better striker. the thing is, fitch only wins striking exchanges when he's pushing the pace... the recent fight against silva being a good example. fitch was outmatched on paper, but because he was pushing the pace, he was able to tag a retreating silva. the way maia's been fighting, that probably won't happen.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Yeahh^ I agree, but IDK about your comments about Maia-Weidman. I think Weidman is just a tough match up for Maia and guys like him, plus he took that fight on less than 2 weeks I'm pretty sure. He's a very good wrestler, big and strong, and the thing that seperates him from most of the fighters somewhat similar to him...his very good grappling. Man, when you can take Maia down and not be threatened at all, your pretty good down there. I think Maia fighting at 170 makes a big difference. because the guys who are already bigger at 185 who also do strength and conditioning more than him...guys can get pretty big and strong. But at 170 it's more of an even playing field when he's got such great grappling against guys more his size. and he doesn't really cut that much so anybody that doesn't have a strength advantage could get ragdolled and anyone who cuts a bit too much can be dragged out to sea and drowned if Maia himself has good cardio at 170.

Will be interesting to see if his cardio is better at 170. As I mentioned earlier it seems sometimes Maia fades when the fight starts not going his way PLUS he's just been going against bigger guys. Now at 170 he will be able to dictate the fight more against guys more his size, but at the same time there's that weight cut.
    Last edited by dbader08; 11-17-2012 at 03:29 AM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Didn't think this thread would be so long, or last so long, other wise I would have added a poll from the beginning. But I added one now (might be too late, but oh well).

Thread Information