+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ronda Rousey officially in the UFC? Automatically named 135 pound Champ?

Default Ronda Rousey officially in the UFC? Automatically named 135 pound Champ?

Ronda Rousey just made MMA history ... becoming the very first female fighter to join the UFC ... TMZ has learned.

Rousey -- a former U.S. Olympian -- has officially joined Dana White's MMA organization ... and automatically becomes the 135 lb women's champion.

We're told 25-year-old Ronda will defend her title in 2013 -- possible opponents include Sara McMann, Cris Cyborg and rival Miesha Tate.

Rousey has been fighting in Strikeforce since last year and emerged as a superstar ... beating the living crap out of just about everybody she's faced. In fact, she's undefeated.

And there's more ... sources say Strikeforce, which airs on Showtime, will be running its last event in January before folding up shop for good.

A rep for Strikeforce had no comment.

It's a pretty crazy turn of events -- considering last year, Dana told TMZ women would "NEVER" fight in the UFC.

Read more: Ronda Rousey -- Becomes 1st Female Fighter to Join UFC | TMZ.com

Ronda Rousey -- Becomes 1st Female Fighter to Join UFC | TMZ.com

TMZ is reporting this...take it with a grain of salt but HOLY SHIT!!!

EDIT:
    Ariel Helwani ‏@arielhelwani
    And at the exact same time, TMZ is reporting that Ronda Rousey is officially in the UFC, and the Jan. event will be SF's last one.
    Now ariel helwani is reporting it on twitter and that the Jnauary card for strikeforce will be their last.

EDIT #2:
    Ronda Rousey is on the verge of making history.

The Strikeforce women's bantamweight champion has fought her final fight for the promotion and is set to make her UFC debut in the near future, TMZ reported Thursday night. The Web site also reported that the recently announced Jan. 12 Strikeforce card in Oklahoma City will be the promotion's last.

MMAFighting.com confirmed with sources close to the promotion that both news items are in fact true and more information is expected to be released early next week.
    It is unknown at this time when Rousey and the rest of the Strikeforce women will make their debuts in the UFC.

Strikeforce and Showtime officials refused to comment on the story when contacted by MMAFighting.com.
    http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/...old-last-event

ITS OFFICAL!!
    Last edited by BonesKnows; 11-09-2012 at 03:01 AM.

McMann is not quite that developed YET, but she's a lady hoss and I think she's got a ton of potential. I think she's got a great future.

IMO, Rousey/Cyborg would probably be big ratings on FOX down the line, assuming of course that they can come to some sort of weightclass agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    ...da fuck?
    Why the ...da fuck?

?

Can't wait for these ratings to tank hardcore. Ronda rousey might be able to get not bad numbers but this shit isn't gonna work... Name another sports league where females are competing on the same stage as the men... You've got tennis and maybe the Olympics, and in both those sports the mens events are watched by way more... gonna LOVE watching this fail.

5. 11-09-2012, 03:16 AM

Quote Originally Posted by dimerules28 View Post
    Can't wait for these ratings to tank hardcore. Ronda rousey might be able to get not bad numbers but this shit isn't gonna work... Name another sports league where females are competing on the same stage as the men... You've got tennis and maybe the Olympics, and in both those sports the mens events are watched by way more... gonna LOVE watching this fail.
    Rather watch the females then the midgets at 125lbs.

Wow, never did I think this would happen so soon.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

hmm... I really have no explanation for this. I DID NOT see this coming soon. I bet she takes a fight before the Cyborg one. Dana doesn't want his new squeeze to get put out on her UFC debut now
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Agreed, not to mention shes a 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Lol ill notify Dana he has one viewer... Congratulations!!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information