Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diego Sanchez hints at possible UFC on FUEL TV 8 bout with Takanori Gomi

Default Diego Sanchez hints at possible UFC on FUEL TV 8 bout with Takanori Gomi

Diego Sanchez hints at possible UFC on FUEL TV 8 bout with Takanori Gomi | MMAjunkie.com

Diego Sanchez (23-5 MMA, 12-5 UFC) may soon have his first fight in more than a year.

The UFC veteran today tweeted that he may fight fellow lightweight Takanori Gomi (34-8 MMA, 3-3 UFC) at UFC on FUEL TV 8 in Japan, assuming the Japanese fighter takes the bout.

UFC on FUEL TV 8 takes place March 3 at Saitama Super Arena in Saitama, Japan. Following Facebook prelims, the night's main card airs on FUEL TV (on March 2 in the U.S. due to the time difference).

UFC officials have announced nothing in regards to the potential Sanchez vs. Gomi fight, which likely would be part of the main card.

"Might have a fight lined up for march 2nd," wrote Sanchez, who's been on the mend following shoulder surgery. "Just waiting on the man Joe Silva to see if Mr. Fireball kid takes it?"

Earlier this year, Sanchez told MMAjunkie.com Radio (MMAjunkie.com Radio | MMAjunkie.com) he was considering a return to lightweight.

That'd be a fucking WAR!!! I'm all for it.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Epic
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Holy shit!

This fight should be really amazing, especially if Gomi comes into the fight in-shape like he did against Danzig.

If Diego walks forward, he's definately going to sleep, Gomi's power is insane. Otherwise, I think if Diego's cut goes well, he can outwork Gomi and get the win, maybe even the sub.

Should be a great fight.

Bring it.

This fight would be great.

Sick fight. This will be one hell of a war for sure. Diego has a pretty solid chin but it's going to be put to the test for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Love this fight. Though if Gomi doesn't stay in shape, he's getting destroyed in the second round.

Hell yeah. This fight should be an all out war.

I hope Diego is able to pull it off and get his shit rolling again.

I am definitely in love with this fight. Will be great to see Diego back in action!

Thread Information