+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rory MacDonald Insists GSP Fight Won’t Happen But Gunning for Carlos Condit Rematch

Default Rory MacDonald Insists GSP Fight Won’t Happen But Gunning for Carlos Condit Rematch

Rory MacDonald Insists GSP Fight Won’t Happen But Gunning for Carlos Condit Rematch

“Me and Georges are not going to fight. I mean we are friends and we’re very close training partners, it’s just not going to happen.”

“I don’t want to sacrifice a friendship and my spot training at Tri-Star, I really feel like being there is making me develop leaps and bounds as a fighter. I wouldn’t disrespect Georges or the gym in that way. I know he has seniority as the title holder, so I just really feel like I’m going to see what happens one step at a time.”
    “I’m fighting B.J. (Penn), I plan on beating him, and we’ll see how the fight with Georges and Carlos goes, either way I plan on getting my rematch with Carlos in 2013, win or lose tomorrow night,” said MacDonald.

In his first fight with Condit in 2010 after controlling the biggest part of the first two rounds, MacDonald found out exactly what his opponent was made of that night. Condit came out firing in the third and final round, absolutely blasting MacDonald with shots until he finished the fight with only 7 seconds remaining in the round.

“He beat the (expletive) out of me. That was hard,” MacDonald said about the bout against Condit.
    http://www.mmaweekly.com/rory-macdon...condit-rematch

Well played Sir well played.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

.......................Your coming off of a win over Che Mills.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post

.......................Your coming off of a win over Che Mills.
    He can't help the fact he was put up against Mills. And at least he's not coming off a loss to Che

He also beat the piss out of Condit for the better part of 2 1/2 rounds. I fully expected Condit to destroy him in less one round and we all know that didn't happen. I'm not taking anything away from either fighter because they're both animals but I really think Rory would beat Condit now.

Aww hail naw.... c'mon guys I thought yall hated the friendship bullshit? Don't drop a couple of dots tell us how you reall feel. Pretend this is Jones/Silva
    Last edited by roaddawg; 11-17-2012 at 06:37 AM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    He can't help the fact he was put up against Mills. And at least he's not coming off a loss to Che

I think he can help the fact that he was matched up with Mills.

Him and his trainer don't want him winning fights that put the title talk into play.

Also Zahabi doesn't want Rory fighting the Fitch and Kos's of the division yet they wanna spend is much time developing him on the smaller names as they can so hopefully GSP is on his way out the door as Rory's reign is about to begin.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    Also Zahabi doesn't want Rory fighting the Fitch and Kos's of the division yet they wanna spend is much time developing him on the smaller names as they can so hopefully GSP is on his way out the door as Rory's reign is about to begin.
    Smaller names like Diaz Condit and Penn?

I am not convinced that Fitch or Koschek would be able to keep Rory down and I would bet its Rory that would be on top most of the time if he fought either of them.

Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 11-24-2012 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Aww hail naw.... c'mon guys I thought yall hated the friendship bullshit? Don't drop a couple of dots tell us how you reall feel. Pretend this is Jones/Silva
    Here is the difference:

Rory and GSP are training partners. They are also far apart in the rankings. The possibilty of a fight between them has still long ways to go.

Silva and Jones are not training partners. They are 2 guys who have a man crush on each other and are basing that as their excuse to avoid a match against each other.

A better analogy would be asking Silva and Machida to fight each other, as they train together and Machida quoted saying a drop to MW is foreseeable.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information