Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Patrick Cote plans on ‘touching the chin’ of Alessio Sakara at UFC 154

1. Default Patrick Cote plans on ‘touching the chin’ of Alessio Sakara at UFC 154

Patrick Cote plans on ?touching the chin? of Alessio Sakara at UFC 154 - MMAmania.com

It wasn't a successful homecoming for Patrick Cote at UFC 148, coming up on the wrong end of a unanimous decision to Cung Le at the Fourth of July weekend extravaganza, but, despite the loss, the "The Predator" will have another chance to shine inside the Octagon.

Cote will next face heavy-handed striker Alessio Sakara in his next outing on the FX portion of the highly-anticipated UFC 154 event in Montreal, Quebec, Canada on Nov. 17, 2012 which features a main event between welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre and interim champ Carlos Condit.

Not one to shy away from a stand up battle, Cote knows he's in for a wild potential 15 minutes come fight night and he plans on touching the chin and putting the pressure on "Legionarius" in what is a do-or-die fight for both men.

From his conversation with UFC.com:

"I like this matchup. He's a righty and I fought six southpaws in the UFC but my style is way better when I fight an orthodox guy instead of a southpaw. He's a boxer, so he's going to probably stay on his feet with me. He's been stopped a couple of times in the UFC so maybe his chin is not his best weapon, but I can't count on that. I'm going to touch his chin for sure, but if he doesn't go down with the first power punch I give him I have to continue to put pressure on him and I think that is the key to this fight."
    Sakara is currently on a two fight skid, losing two Brian Stann and Chris Weidman in his last two outings. One more loss could be devastating for the Italian-born fighter's career with Zuffa.

Cote, who is currently on his third tour with the promotion, isn't necessarily safe from the dreaded ax, either.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Good match up between two heavy handed mws. Obvious edge in the chin department goes to Cote. This fight should be fireworks untill The final bell but its a bad matchup for Sakara imo

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

Good fight for Cote to get back on the winning track IMO
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Cote by second round TKO.

Yeah Im having a hard time seeing how Sakara wins this.

Sakara has won 9 out of his 15 wins by KO, Impressive...but Cote has never been stopped by strikes in 25 fights...even more impressive.

The ground game is deffinetly Cotes weak point having lost 3 times due to sub out of 8 losses...but Sakara only has 2 sub wins out of 15 wins total.

I cant see Sakara stopping Cote with strikes, unless its a very versatile striking gameplan including lots of kicks. Could Sakara sub him?, Im sure if given the oppurtunity. But Cote is a pretty hard guy to finish, even on the ground. And I dont think Sakara has the slicknes on the ground like Doerkson, Lutter or Belcher have.

Basically Sakaras best chance (imo) is to stick n move for three rounds.

God hates me, never keep my banger on safety
    My mother raised me alone, you can't break me
    Like my hearts pumpin the blood of Royce Gracie!

13-4-1 in sig/av

I know GSP is in the main event, but IMO the FX prelims look far more stacked than the PPV undercard.

Hell, he doesn't even need to touch it...if he just blows towards the general direction then that should do the trick.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

as much as I like Sakara there is no way I see him making it out of this fight in the winning end.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

No question that this could easily be the fight of the night but I definitely see Cote taking this one. Most likely by KO

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

10. Default

YEAH everyone. Tell us all how Alessio is gonna get knocked out.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Would like to add, that was utterly heartbreaking.
    Last edited by Sakara=Excitement; 11-18-2012 at 04:14 AM.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Thread Information