+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2735363738 LastLast

Thread: UFC 154: St. Pierre vs. Condit- Live Results and Discussion Thread

breaks my heart to watch kampmann get floored like that. and the chin on that guy.... hendricks has hendo power. i really look forward to seeing what he can do.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

What a war that was. It was a much better fight that the scorecards indicate. Even though GSP controlled the fight and had the dominant position I didn't feel like he dominated Carlos.

Carlos never stopped attacking from the bottom and gave everything he had. This is one of those fights that left me as impressed with the loser as I am with the winner.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by johnny Boom View Post
    Shouldn't have is the same should not have. Besides I was drunk with one eye have open. I'm lucky I found my bed let alone my phone.
    lol weve all had those nights.. sometimes i come back the next morning and just shake my damn head at what i wrote the night before highly intoxicated

but from the Facebook fights to the main event i was thoroughly entertained... the year and a half of waiting to finally see GSP was worth it

Great night of fights. You have to love it when a main event delivers. Georges looked really solid and it was nice to see him fight through some adversity after that head kick landed. Props to Carlos for bringing the fight. Georges has been lacking an opponent who was willing to bring a fight to him.

I was pulling for Kampman but they created a fucking star last night in Johny Hendricks. I can't deny that guy his due, he earned it.

It's probably been brought up but having Anderson Silva's reaction tacked onto the screen for the last few minutes of the fight was pointless and fucking stupid beyond measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post

When is the last time a commission stepped in and changed anything? Where are they? Canada? Oh wait.
    The commission didnt step in and change anything. Dan Miraglotta watched the replay after he called the fight and decided Alessio's dirty punches have done to much damage to Cote.

Shitty reffing yes but nothing to do this this 'Canadian Commission' you speak of.

The decision to go the DQ route was correct. The decision to let it come to that was not.

I started reading the unified rules yesterday, and now consider myself an expert on the subject.

Hendricks has that same scary ferocity that Chuck/Hendo have when they throw. Nobody finishes Fitch and Kampmann like that without being a serious nightmare. I don't know how you go about explaining how that man is not the #1 contender

Love watching Hendricks fight... that guy has pure power... Beyond someone like Koscheck... His power is on another level...

I would love to see him fight GSP... Even though he gets beat everywhere... but he is still deserving and VERY dangerous to GSP...

He has the power to KTFO GSP with one punch... and the wrestling to give GSP some resistance if he tries to take him down.... and actually has the ability to put GSP on his back....

It probably wont amount to much if you put it all together, somewhat like the Koscheck fights... but still a deserving and dangerous Contender....

GSP looked as impressive as I have ever seen him... better than Fitch and Alvez imo... based upon who he was fighting...

It was good to see him back, and not turn into another tragic story about an athlete that is never the same after a severe knee injury.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Ariel posed the question. And I've head rumblings that the commission stepped in and forced Dan's hand in the matter. Patrick was rocked twice on the feet and dropped. Once dropped he was hit with a hammer fist that made him go limp. Then all the drama started. Fight should of been stopped by that shitty ref. sakara is the rightful winner and made Cote look like an overrated turd he is. Sucks it ended like that but Cote was destroyed in under 90 seconds. So much for that chin of his.
    Interesting....

That was eerily similar to Vitor/Akyama... Vitor already had Akyama badly hurt before he landed to the back of the head....

you chastised him, yet for Sakara it is a different story... Why am I not surprised...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information