Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Will Fight Whoever the UFC Wants – Georges St-Pierre or Jon Jones

Hybrid View

Default Anderson Silva Will Fight Whoever the UFC Wants – Georges St-Pierre or Jon Jones

Anderson Silva Will Fight Whoever the UFC Wants – Georges St-Pierre or Jon Jones

UFC middleweight champion and icon Anderson Silva was in attendance prior to UFC 154 kicking off to speak with the media about his plans for 2013.

The champion spoke about a lot of possibilities, but mainly he focused on a super fight against UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre.

If St-Pierre is successful against Carlos Condit on Saturday, all signs are pointing towards a super fight between Silva and the welterweight champion in 2013.

The interesting addition to Silva’s talk was his new opinion on a potential match-up with UFC light heavyweight champion Jon Jones.

In the past, both Silva and Jones have declined the possibility of the fight happening, but now the Brazilian legend says if the UFC wants it, then he’ll do it.

Anderson Silva Will Fight Whoever the UFC Wants - Georges St-Pierre or Jon Jones | MMAWeekly.com

Anderson Silva's first goal is Georges St. Pierre but 'maybe' he'll fight Jon Jones after
    "My first goal is the Georges St-Pierre fight, the super fight. The second goal? Maybe Jon Jones. But this is not my decision. This is Dana [White's] decision."
    http://www.mmamania.com/2012/11/17/3...-jones-ufc-mma

2. Default

Well well well...

How does it feel Jones?
    ------------------

3. Default

How about Chris Weidman?
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    How about Chris Weidman?
    nah, weidman is gonna have to win his next battle. a Silva's next fight will likely be a superfight.....he's one of the greatest along w gsp and bones. i don't blame Anderson for wanting that test. most folks don't even know who the hell Chris weidman is.....he's not in the same conversation. we'll see how he fairs shortly, but for now he's not in the same conversation. anderson would roll up to the octagon in an old beat up 80's white van and rape him!

Quote Originally Posted by iced View Post
    nah, weidman is gonna have to win his next battle. a Silva's next fight will likely be a superfight.....he's one of the greatest along w gsp and bones. i don't blame Anderson for wanting that test. most folks don't even know who the hell Chris weidman is.....he's not in the same conversation. we'll see how he fairs shortly, but for now he's not in the same conversation. anderson would roll up to the octagon in an old beat up 80's white van and rape him!
    Prime Rich Franklin would do the same thing to some Brazilian dude who only has one ufc win against a guy from the ultimate fighter...oh wait...

Weidman has earned his title shot. Weidman should get his title shot. If Boesch (probably spelled wrong) beats him, then he deserves the title shot. Weidman shouldn't have had to jump through anymore hoops, but either way the winner of that fight is UNQUESTIONABLY the number one contender. If Anderson won't fight that man then he should take that white van, and drive it to UFC headquarters to turn in his belt, because the only thing he will be raping at that point is his legacy...and probably machida...

I agree with other folks, Silva absolutely destroys GSP in my view. I respect both fighters but just as people are wary of striking b/c of GSP's takedowns, GSP will be wary of diving in on Silva who can throw nasty shots as he dives in.

Especially as Silva is very good at minor head moment to roll with punches, he won't be as off guard when GSP transitions from punch to takedown. I think that's actually why Sonnen fairs so well - he pushes through with an iron chin until he's almost chest to chest and then drops for the TD. A fast double from the outside is great, but you can't adjust easily if you find a punch or knee flying at you...

Are you serious? Of course he's not in the same conversation but what kind of argument is that? He's the rightful #1 contender and THAT'S ALL HE NEEDS TO BE.

If Anderson wants to chase vanity fights, DROP THE EELT. Very simple.
    ^ This. (Aside from that "EELT" thing :P )

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Jon Jones is a bigger test however Jones has unfinished business right now with Henderson/Sonnen. Unlike GSP his plate isn't clear.
    Have you seen the WW division?!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Interesting thing i took away from the fight last night is how BIG GSP looked in the octagon. For years we herd him say "if im going to fight AS im going to do it the right way and put on weight, etc" and after a 19 month rehab maybe GSP was putting on that weight a little early because he knew this fight was going to happen..just a thought
    I had similar thoughts, but GSP has always gone for the size advantage and serious weight cuts. And putting on weight when you can't train 100% is a good way of ensuring that you don't lose muscle mass.

I think it's just as likely that GSP got pudgy for a bit and then when apeshit building up his legs for stability and hopes of avoiding future injuries.

How about Chris Weidman?
    I'm sorry Chris who?

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Prime Rich Franklin would do the same thing to some Brazilian dude who only has one ufc win against a guy from the ultimate fighter...oh wait...

Weidman has earned his title shot. Weidman should get his title shot. If Boesch (probably spelled wrong) beats him, then he deserves the title shot. Weidman shouldn't have had to jump through anymore hoops, but either way the winner of that fight is UNQUESTIONABLY the number one contender. If Anderson won't fight that man then he should take that white van, and drive it to UFC headquarters to turn in his belt, because the only thing he will be raping at that point is his legacy...and probably machida...

Bisping has jumped through 27 hoops and failed 4 times. It's nowonder Bisping is a more lucrative fight. Silva has nothing to gain by beating Weidman its a risk/risk scenario. If he Silva has a chance to make a shit load of money with only 2 fights left on his contract why would he go for Weidman when he can fight GSP and now allegedly Jon Jones.

By the way has anyone forgotten that Jones still hasn't fought Henderson or Chael? A loss by either of those two would seriously fuck up any plans of a super fight meanwhile GSP and Silva are wide open.

If I was GSP I would rather take my chances on getting KTFO by Silva than Hendrix (its a win/win for him).
    Last edited by roaddawg; 11-18-2012 at 04:46 PM.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

Funny just said he wont fight Jones... but Michael Bisping and GSP he will.

Saying its Dana's decision really means, "That motha fucka gona have to PAY ME BOIIIIIIII!!!!!!!!"
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Thread Information