Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva Will Fight Whoever the UFC Wants – Georges St-Pierre or Jon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Lesnar_FTW View Post
    So when it's a fight Silva wants, he will fight whomever the UFC wants, but when it's a fight he doesn't want, that fighter is not deserving to fight him.
    He told the truth in this video. Before Jon Jones hit the scenes (back when people thought he didn't belong in the octagon with Machida) all you ever heard from people especially Hdnet was GSP being the runner up for p4p. Hell some people even had GSP over Silva.

Fast forward now the time is right for those two to go at it and now people are mousing up and clamoring to Jon Jones despite GSP having the better resume.

It's my opinion that Silva wants to take things one step at at time and perhaps test the waters against GSP. He has a good chance at beating Pierre but he also has a good chance of getting smotherfucked to a UD.

Jon Jones is a bigger test however Jones has unfinished business right now with Henderson/Sonnen. Unlike GSP his plate isn't clear.

In terms of superfights GSP vs Silva makes sense otherwise GSP needs to fight Hendrix and Silva needs to fight whomever the true number 1 contender is at mw.

I remember awhile back people didn't want to see Fedor lose to anyone but found peace of mind that he lost to someone like Werdum. For me if Silva is going to lose a fight I would rather it be against another legend and not some up and comer.

Do I honestly think Weidman can beat Silva no not really as I see him getting KTFO in the 1st but the risk is still there. I have seen too many wrestlers smotherfuck their way to victory and I hate that part of MMA.

If they fought like Tito in his prime I wouldn't have a problem against them. Hell Tito was one of my favorite fighters.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

All this talk of Silva being afraid of Weidman is silly. Silva has stated numerous times that he is getting older and that he may not have that much time left to fight at the level he is fighting. The translation is that he wants fights that are going to make him the most money and secure his future. The GSP/Jones fights have a monetary value that is significantly higher than the Weidman fight. I think Anderson recognizes that the GSP fight has a more equitable risk to reward ratio of all the fights presented.

Are you serious? Of course he's not in the same conversation but what kind of argument is that? He's the rightful #1 contender and THAT'S ALL HE NEEDS TO BE.

If Anderson wants to chase vanity fights, DROP THE EELT. Very simple.
    What does Anderson do after the one or two superfights is over? The most likely scenario is that he returns to the middleweight division, and if nobody actually beats Anderson for the title than it devalues the championship, and they will likely be considered no better than an interim champion. In my opinion there is a better alternative than Anderson dropping the belt. If Anderson wants a superfight or two then the UFC should create yet another dreaded interim title and have a unification bout after the superfight is over. This way the #1 contender (interim champ) is guaranteed a shot at the real champion no matter what jockeying or trash talking goes on amongst the middleweight contenders.
    Last edited by popsicle; 11-18-2012 at 06:04 PM.

Anderson vs GSP is even less exciting to me right now. Silva would eat him alive plain and simple.

rob_bills Guest

Remember how everyone said Silva was too big for GSP etc? Well guess who is the same height as Silva.. Carlos Condit! I for one cant wait to see that match up

Quote Originally Posted by TheKidInside View Post
    Anderson vs GSP is even less exciting to me right now. Silva would eat him alive plain and simple.
    Yeah, I don't think it'd be competitive.

It's hard to strike when you have to worry about takedowns. GSP's wrestling would be a problem.
    Anderson Silva:
    Best Fighter on the planet.

GSP after a 19 month layoff handed what most thought the biggest threat hes ever faced the beatdown of his career. No one has EVER done that to condit and it speaks volumes of just how good GSP is. Hes lightyears ahead of anyone else in MMA right now when it comes to his training and hit helps in so many ways in his fights (core strenght, able to close distance as fast or faster then anyone else, balance etc)

Interesting thing i took away from the fight last night is how BIG GSP looked in the octagon. For years we herd him say "if im going to fight AS im going to do it the right way and put on weight, etc" and after a 19 month rehab maybe GSP was putting on that weight a little early because he knew this fight was going to happen..just a thought

WE ARE ALL WITNESS: JANUARY 3, 2015

Thats exactly why its exciting to me

Also, GSP looked HUGE in this fight. Man, i really want his workout routine/diet plan for myself
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

How did you come to that conclusion? Anderson's tdd relies on being against the cage, gsp had several td on the cage. His double leg gets high level wrestlers down. Also condit is much better off his back then Anderson. If you take that one high kick out of the fight condit got completely dominated.

Thread Information