+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anderson Silva Will Fight Whoever the UFC Wants – Georges St-Pierre or Jon Jones

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion? Anderson's tdd relies on being against the cage, gsp had several td on the cage. His double leg gets high level wrestlers down. Also condit is much better off his back then Anderson. If you take that one high kick out of the fight condit got completely dominated.
    seeing him blast through all of these supposedly "stylistic nightmares", that's how

I agree with other folks, Silva absolutely destroys GSP in my view. I respect both fighters but just as people are wary of striking b/c of GSP's takedowns, GSP will be wary of diving in on Silva who can throw nasty shots as he dives in.

Especially as Silva is very good at minor head moment to roll with punches, he won't be as off guard when GSP transitions from punch to takedown. I think that's actually why Sonnen fairs so well - he pushes through with an iron chin until he's almost chest to chest and then drops for the TD. A fast double from the outside is great, but you can't adjust easily if you find a punch or knee flying at you...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Are you serious? Of course he's not in the same conversation but what kind of argument is that? He's the rightful #1 contender and THAT'S ALL HE NEEDS TO BE.

If Anderson wants to chase vanity fights, DROP THE EELT. Very simple.
    ^ This. (Aside from that "EELT" thing :P )

Quote Originally Posted by roaddawg View Post
    Jon Jones is a bigger test however Jones has unfinished business right now with Henderson/Sonnen. Unlike GSP his plate isn't clear.
    Have you seen the WW division?!

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Interesting thing i took away from the fight last night is how BIG GSP looked in the octagon. For years we herd him say "if im going to fight AS im going to do it the right way and put on weight, etc" and after a 19 month rehab maybe GSP was putting on that weight a little early because he knew this fight was going to happen..just a thought
    I had similar thoughts, but GSP has always gone for the size advantage and serious weight cuts. And putting on weight when you can't train 100% is a good way of ensuring that you don't lose muscle mass.

I think it's just as likely that GSP got pudgy for a bit and then when apeshit building up his legs for stability and hopes of avoiding future injuries.
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Either that or some cooter-crabs.
    It's gonna be a good weekend

3. Default

I think it's safe to say GSP isn't a risk taker. Most other fighters probely would of came back several months earlier. He made sure his knee wouldn't be a weak link. Everthing GSP does is highly calculated out. He's a smart guy and untilizes todays technogly to it's utmost. There's still one contender he hasn't faced before and thats Hendricks. Rorys not there and probely wont face him anyhow. I've had enough of Silva/Soares ettemp to money gouge the system to hope all high dollar vanity fights fall through. Yes I'll watch them but thats beside the point.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information