Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera suspended following positive UFC 149 drug tests

Default Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera suspended following positive UFC 149 drug tests

Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera suspended following positive UFC 149 drug tests

Two more UFC fighters recently tested positive for banned substances.

Following July's UFC 149 event, welterweight Matt Riddle was flagged for marijuana while featherweight Francisco Rivera tested positive for an undisclosed over-the-counter stimulant, MMAjunkie.com (UFC blog for UFC news, UFC rumors, fighter interviews and event previews/recaps | MMAjunkie.com) has learned from multiple sources close to the event.

Both fighters were suspended for 90 days retroactive to the July 21 event, which makes them eligible to fight on Friday. The results of their respective bouts were not changed.

According to sources close to the competitors, both fighters declined to appeal their punishments and apologized for their actions.
    Matt Riddle, Francisco Rivera suspended following positive UFC 149 drug tests | MMAjunkie.com
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

When will people learn? It's illegal...don't do it. I'm not sure why it is but it is. It's not a PED, slows reactions, but whatever, it's on the list of banned substances right or wrong. As for the unknown over-the-counter stimulant I cannot comment on that too much but still, I know what I put in my body, a pro should damn well know exactly what they are putting in their bodies.
    FW-Hominick, Weichel
    LW-Stout, Cerrone, Jim Miller
    WW-GSP, Fitch, Goulet, Rory
    MW-Shlemenko
    LHW-Jones
    HW-Carwin, Barry, Russow

RRR=the Rhonda Rousey Resistance

classic - "this is the dumbest thing Ive ever heard. thats like me having a picture of Hitler posted, and saying "I dont believe in his politics, but I like to hear him talk" W.Silva>C.Norris

i knew it riddle, swinging wildly at thin air with no regard!!! puff on playa! lawlz. sucks about the suspension though.

over-the-counter stimulant
    Redbull gives you wings! (And a six month layoff)

Marijuana doesn't slow reaction speeds. Hahaha. I play ball hockey after a joint.

If anything it makes me more creative, so I suppose creativity is a form of preformance enhancement, huh?

It's illegal because of the ridiculous War on Drugs by small-minded cooters.

Why does Riddle not testing positive for pot surprise me in the least...haha.

Your exactly right, Sniggs. Hell, supplements and certain pre-workout drinks/pills are performance enhancers in their own right, just as I think weed can be...but I believe weed can also be the opposite, depending on how the person reacts to it.

So why do the results of the fights not get changed...and Riddle only gets 3 months while Diaz gets a year on his 2nd offense? Free Nick Diaz! lol
    Last edited by dbader08; 10-19-2012 at 05:38 AM.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

Kimbo> Rampage Guest

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Free Nick Diaz!
    Get them t-shirts made

Diaz vs. GSP 2013

Chris Clements releases statement on Matt Riddle drug suspension | The MMA Blog | Blogs | theScore.com

Clements today released a statement to theScore.com via text message with his thoughts on the matter.

“Drugs are prohibited. So it should be a no contest. But as the same time I don’t see weed as performance enhancement.

“I fought injured and maybe if I smoked weed it would have killed the pain so I could of trained properly.

“Hard to fiter exact thoughts. I just found out about this.”

Clements fought Riddle with an injured shoulder that he recently had surgery on to repair. He is currently on the mend and hopes to returning in 2013 as a 155 pounder, as he plans to drop down from 170.

The loss stands on Clements’ record even though many other jurisdictions, such as California, will see a positive drug test resulting in a no contest.
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    Marijuana doesn't slow reaction speeds. Hahaha. I play ball hockey after a joint.

If anything it makes me more creative, so I suppose creativity is a form of preformance enhancement, huh?

It's illegal because of the ridiculous War on Drugs by small-minded cooters.
    spoken lika true pothead lol =) and yes some weed slows your reaction time. thats 100% proven. fuck dude back in the day (when i smoked) i had weed that slowed my reaction time to control my own fucking drool lol. Dont tell me that wouldnt slow my reaction time to lets say drive? =)
    Favorites: Fedor, Lytle, BJ, Tito, Wandy, Shogun, GSP, Belcher, Leben, Sonnen, Rutten...
    Most Hated: Cerrone, Maynard, Fitch, Rashad, Lesnar, Shields, Kos, Jon Jones....

Thread Information