Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dana White angered by officiating job in Cote-Sakara, targets rematch

Quote Originally Posted by Y2JUBAE View Post
    Yes, the ref was horrible, but also horrible was the fighter. Sakara could also see he was hitting Cote in the back of the head and they want to let him fight again?
    Exactly, what Sakara did was very dirty and Dana is right about the ref but damn, hold Sakara resposible for being a douche.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gummy View Post
    I can't remember which fight it was last night, but Miragliotta was the ref in it too. One fighter got his mouthpiece knocked out and Dan was like, OK TIME OUT! Here let me get the mouthpiece for you, okay.. Lets continue!!!
    I was like WTF??? If you lose your mouthpiece you don't get to call a timeout, Keep fighting asswhipe
    Uhm.....all refs call time outs when a fighter loses a mouthpeice. That's not an OPTIONAL piece of equipment....
    Scarface: Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, you're cool, and fuck you, I'm out!

"I don't call the fighting in my films 'violent', I call it 'action'. An action film borders between fantasy and reality. If I were to be completely realistic in my films, you would call me a violent, bloody man. I would simply destroy my opponent by tearing his guts out. I wouldn't do it so artistically." ~Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by joeodd2 View Post
    Uhm.....all refs call time outs when a fighter loses a mouthpeice. That's not an OPTIONAL piece of equipment....
    No they don't. His time out was correct b/c they weren't currently engaging. If all refs called for time outs when mouth pieces fell then you would just spit it out when you were in danger. They should only call time when there is a break in the action.

Sakara=Disappointment.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Alessio Sakara's Manager Appealing 'Hometown Decision'

In the fight, Sakara knocked Côté down and subsequently landed a series of illegal shots landed to the back of the head, which prompted a disqualification. McMahon feels that the shots were legal, and thinks that the fight taking place in Côté's home country of Canada weighed on the decision.

"We're going to be appealing the decision," McMahon told MMA Fighting. "I've already spoken with the commissioner. The blows that were allegedly in the back of the head weren't 12-to-6. He was coming around to get the side of the head. At bare minimum make this a no contest."

McMahon was not able to speak with the referee from the fight, Dan Miragliotta. McMahon plans to speak with Dana White and Joe Silva about the decision soon.

Both fighters entered the Octagon on a two fight losing streak, realizing that the loser may be released.

"I do think it was a hometown decision and while it may be a part of the sport, it's not acceptable and we're going to appeal it," said McMahon. "My client did not get a fair deal."
    Alessio Sakara's Manager Appealing 'Hometown Decision' - FightLine.com

Didn't the exact same thing happen to Erick Silva in Brazil this year?

I feel it should have been a no-contest as opposed to a win for Cote. However, I certainly don't think Sakara never got a fair deal. It's not like Cote was moving around a lot and you could argue Sakara was hitting him by accident, he was obviously and clearly blasting him in the back of the head over and over

I just rewatched the fight and Dan Miragliotta clearly yells at Alessio atleast once to watch the back of the head after the 2nd or 3rd Donky Kong smash.

I didnt catch it fight night due to the action - fuck that was a fun fight while it lasted. I am stoked for the rematch.

http://www.fightvideomma.com/2012/11...ara-fight.html

Rematch should be good
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Thread Information