+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz is 'not impressed' with GSP

Default Nick Diaz is 'not impressed' with GSP

Nick Diaz is 'not impressed' with GSP

Following his hard earned defeat of Carlos Condit, UFC Welterweight George St-Pierre has a number of suitors for his fist.

Johny Hendricks asked for it, and said please. Four times.

UFC Middleweight champion Anderson Silva flew in from Brazil to want it from ringside.

And a suspended 170 pounder from Stockton apparently wants in too, despite the fact that his last outing he lost a unanimous decision to Condit for the interim welterweight title in February.

“I am not impressed by your performance @GeorgesStPierre,” Diaz tweeted minutes after GSP unified the welterweight title.
    Nick Diaz is 'not impressed' with GSP - Mixed Martial Arts News

Despite the fact that I think GSP/Anderson/Dana are still kayfabing for the time being about their potential matchup, I really wonder if GSP stays at WW if there is ANY chance that ZUFFA fucks Hendricks out of his potential title shot, pull Diaz from the rumoured Kos bout in February and maybe look to book GSP/Diaz instead?

Dana White: Johny Hendricks New UFC Welterweight Top Contender | 5thRound.com

Even White said Hendricks was the number one contender... But we all know how much White's word means... Money talks!

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Despite the fact that I think GSP/Anderson/Dana are still kayfabing for the time being about their potential matchup, I really wonder if GSP stays at WW if there is ANY chance that ZUFFA fucks Hendricks out of his potential title shot, pull Diaz from the rumoured Kos bout in February and maybe look to book GSP/Diaz instead?
    Anything is possible. I'm sure if they needed coaches for the next TUF, they would have let Diaz budge in line. Afterall Diaz/GSP would make for better drama and that's a priority for the UFC and Fox. Booking Hendricks in a title fight is a no brainer. They created a rockstar last night IMO. They need to give Hendricks his due. Book the fight in Calgary so they can make good on their promise to make up for the abysmal UFC 149.

I love watching Diaz fight, he is one of my favorite fighters... but he gets absolutely slaughtered by GSP (loses a UD)

GSP certainly wouldnt be toying with Nick standing, he wouldnt take that risk... but his Jab and leg kicks would clearly be there... He has some reach on Diaz and would use it to keep him on the outside... And his double would be there clearly as well, Diaz has questionable TDD and GSP has the best takedowns in the game... Nick has a sick ground game, but GSP has fought guys like BJ and Condit's guard at length and pushed through, doing some damage himself.

Also of note. Diaz is a volume puncher... Carlos packs some serious power, while Diaz likes to pick apart and break down his opponents... If the fight stayed standing the entire time, Nick can do that to anyone at WW, GSP included... but the second GSP feels threatened standing, Nick is on his back.

Nick would have to really tag GSP and have him really dazed for GSP not to be able to get him down.

Not a bad fight, based on Diaz's accomplishments and his place in the WW division... but Id put Hendricks above him at the moment.

6. Default

Diaz would get rape fucked by GSP. Sorry Diaz, no talking your way into a title shot.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Haha. Nick did so much better than GSP.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Diaz would get rape fucked by GSP. Sorry Diaz, no talking your way into a title shot.
    But it's ok for Chael in a fight that won't be nearly as competitive lol...ok captain.

I hope this isn't too big, because it's awesome.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information