Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nick Diaz is 'not impressed' with GSP

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Would never happen. I definitely dont see GSP vacating his belt after just getting back to the Octagon. The ball is clearly in GSP's court as far as this superfight goes, and I dont think he is going to be willing to play ball.
    He also just tied Hughes for most WW title defenses so he probably wants to set a new record with another win.

Hendrick can say "Please" 1000 times. He will not get the shot because everybody knows that GSP vs Silva and GSP vs Diaz will give much more money to Dana.

As for Diaz's not being impressed. Well, GSP did a great job against somebody who defeated Nick. And Nick normally has troubles against wrestlers, I do not think he would beat one of the best wrestlers in MMA.
    Also GSP yesterday showed that he can defend submissions. Carlos attempted a lot of them and no one was even close of putting GSP in danger. Of course Nick has better BJJ than Condit, but still, GSP is just a machine in WW.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Heres a simple solution. Have GSP face Silva, and have Hendricks face Diaz when he gets back for the #1 contender bout. Everybody makes a shitload of money, the UFC can try to reclaim their investment on Diaz, and the fans get amazing fights.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Heres a simple solution. Have GSP face Silva, and have Hendricks face Diaz when he gets back for the #1 contender bout. Everybody makes a shitload of money, the UFC can try to reclaim their investment on Diaz, and the fans get amazing fights.
    I agree to this even tho I don't think the Superfight happens unless its at a catchweight and I honestly don't think Hendricks should have to face Diaz to claim that status. But that certainly would make them some money.. have them back to back months so no one bitches about resting time lol.
    "I AM THE PUNISHMENT OF GOD, IF YOU HAVE NOT COMMITTED GREAT SINS GOD WOULD NOT HAVE SENT A PUNISHMENT LIKE ME UPON YOU."

~ Genghis Khan

Quote Originally Posted by dbader08 View Post
    Tell em tough guy!

Ehh, being a company man isn't as important as winning fights IN MY EYES. Diaz has a better record and UFC Record, finishes his opponent more, gets finished less, and even with the close loss to Condit he has had a very good run the last 6 years or so.
    Showing up to press conferences is more important than winning fights. Diaz fucked himself out of the title shot. I have no remorse or empathy for him.

How can anyone compare Diaz with fucking Chael Sonnen?????

It is not that Diaz is moving to MW and is getting a title shot only because he talked some shit to Anderson via Twitter!

Diaz lost a decision but before that he was on a 11 win streak!!!!
    If they are making GSP vs Anderson then Hendricks vs Diaz is the most logical fight for the No. 1 contender at WW.
    If they are not making GSP vs Anderson, then Hendricks should fight GSP, and Diaz should fight someone else in a #1 contender match.

Stop with the Chael Sonnen analogy! Giving him the title shot at LHW was the most BS move UFC has ever done.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Considering his opponent and the circumstances I'd say Hendricks has KO of the year. How can you not give this guy a title shot?

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    How can anyone compare Diaz with fucking Chael Sonnen?????

It is not that Diaz is moving to MW and is getting a title shot only because he talked some shit to Anderson via Twitter!

Diaz lost a decision but before that he was on a 11 win streak!!!!
    If they are making GSP vs Anderson then Hendricks vs Diaz is the most logical fight for the No. 1 contender at WW.
    If they are not making GSP vs Anderson, then Hendricks should fight GSP, and Diaz should fight someone else in a #1 contender match.

Stop with the Chael Sonnen analogy! Giving him the title shot at LHW was the most BS move UFC has ever done.
    I agree that Sonnen, and Diaz are very different people. Diaz is a thug, Sonnen only plays one on TV.

Hendricks has to get the shot, surely? KO'd Fitch and Kampmann who were both top ten or even (arguably) top 5 when he fought them?

I don't see any reason why he should fight Diaz, who is coming off suspension and is a public relations liability in big fights.

Thread Information